• Show
Clear All

• Zeiss ZF.2 - 25mm, 35mm and 50mm

Hi all

I have the following lenses in a mint boxed condition:

Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2.8/25mm ZF.2 (Nikon mount) - Retail: 820
    Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/35mm ZF.2 (Nikon mount) - Retail: 860
    Carl Zeiss Planar T* 1.4/50mm ZF.2 (Nikon mount) - Retail: 580

All are de-clicked so perfect for video work. The 35mm and 50mm have full cine mods which includes 80mm fronts, Arriflex push on lenscaps and solid 92 teeth focus gears. These were fitted by True Lens Service in the UK at a cost of 130/lens. They have all had very limited use.

Selling as I'm looking to replace them with PL lenses.

UK Retails is about 2260 plus the cine mod 260.

Asking 1450 posted in the UK.

Can collect in London / Essex.
    Adam Roberts
    www.adamroberts.net

So tempted by this if I didn't already have the 50mm... Anyway, I would like to ask a few questions to help me with my own set build, if you don't mind, Adam.

1) Any cinema- or photography-relevant reason for not having the 28mm cinevised?
    2) I have my eye next on the 35mm, just not entirely sure which one. I noticed the proper cine lens sets happen to come in focal lengths that coincide with that of the still versions'. Having the 50mm f2 already, does this mean I should find the 35mm f2 the better lens match (and for that matter, the 25mm f2)? Or is that merely a coincidence and that the faster f1.4 (and which many report to be better optically - although, very subjective, I admit) should do an equally good job with regards to matching?
    3) Just curious what would be the next step up for you; what PL set are you planning to replace them with?

Kind Regards,
    J

Comment

Hey J

I'd be open to splitting if you are interested in just 1 or 2 lenses.

In answer to your questions:
      1: the 28 is lovely and many have it in their set. I personally prefer the 25mm
      2: cine lens sets normally try keep the same range of T stop so that swapping lenses you have the same exposure but its not uncommon to have one or 2 lenses in the set that are faster or slower. The 35/2 is a lot cheaper than the 35/1.4. Same with the 25/2.8 which is a lot cheaper than the 25/2. In both cases the price difference is 40-50% more.
      3: I've been looking at a set of old MK2 35mm Zeiss Super Speeds.
      Adam Roberts
      www.adamroberts.net

Comment

Thanks for all your answers, Adam. I might yet ask you about these lenses, but but for now I'm seriously considering and finding out as much as I can about the digital Bolex, possibly offloading all my lenses save for one, in order to fund it. So I'm sort of in a purchase or spending limbo at the moment.

Regards.

Comment

Working...
        X