Silicon Imaging SI2K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silicon Imaging SI2K

SI2K Mini head with a super 16 2K raw sensor (same used to most of the film Slumdog Millionaire & 127hours)
    PL Mount 9mm wide angle Ziess Super Speed or C mount 'brand new' Lumos 12mm lens including follow focus rings
    The recording unit with 4 mini Hard drive cadi's cables to connect mini head & handle
    two 7" touch screens
    Anton Bauer Tandem
    Silicon imaging EVF (this needs fixing but seems to work with higher resolutions selected)
    Alloy flight case.
    The camera is working perfectly, the camera head was brand new in 2011 & was in use last week. The latest Cineform 3D recording software is installed inside the recording unit.

This camera records Cineform raw avi or mov files, dead easy to edit. Everything is installed on the recording unit which has Windows XP on it. Simply load SSD or even fast disk based 2.5" hard drives into the cadi's provided. There is HDMI out as well as DVI.

(dose not include the cheapo follow focus)

New price March 2013 - Sold

530676_10151236880152618_1260282786_n.jpg
    Last edited by Phil; 04-11-2013, 02:06 PM.
    New Ursa Mini 4.6 owner

Si2k no lenses

Would you split this. I am not interested in the lenses. how much do you want just for the camera and camera accessories without the lenses.

Many thanks,

Dan

Originally posted by Phil View Post
    SI2K Mini head with a super 16 2K raw sensor (same used to most of the film Slumdog Millionaire & 127hours)
    PL Mount 9mm wide angle Ziess Super Speed
    C mount 'brand new' Lumos 12mm lens including follow focus rings
    The recording unit with 4 mini Hard drive cadi's cables to connect mini head & handle
    two 7" touch screens
    Anton Bauer Tandem
    Silicon imaging EVF (this needs fixing but seems to work with higher resolutions selected)
    The camera is working perfectly, the camera head was brand new in 2011 & was in use last week. The latest Cineform 3D recording software is installed inside the recording unit.

This camera records Cineform raw avi or mov files, dead easy to edit.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1540[/ATTACH]

Comment

Wow, I've loved the look of Danny Boyle's films shot on the SI2K. Best of luck with the sale.

Comment

tis a shame, it's a lovley camera, but at that price point i think many would grab an mx or a scarlet. or of course a bmc whenever it comes out
        Darren Levine

he shoots, he edits, he frequently rants
        http://mediahalo.com/p/dlevine

Comment

Originally posted by DanMorgan View Post
          Would you split this. I am not interested in the lenses. how much do you want just for the camera and camera accessories without the lenses.

Many thanks,

Dan
          Hi Dan without the lenses I would drop to (the follow focus in the pic is not included).

Darren - its a freaking joy to use this thing, but I got some months of editing before my next job (where I hope my BMC that I ordered in April turns up) & figured its time to let this go to a good home.
          Last edited by Phil; 04-11-2013, 02:06 PM.
          New Ursa Mini 4.6 owner

Comment

I can add in here, the touch screen interface for controlling the camera is a dream to use - rapid and intuitive.

The only cameras I've found equivalently pleasant operational controls on, have been the Alexa and JB's BMC that I got to play around with last week.

I hope Silicon Imaging have a replacement under development, because those guys 'get' shooters.

Comment

or i hope that they keep the head, and shrink the box and keep it under 10K

that would be lovely
              Darren Levine

he shoots, he edits, he frequently rants
              http://mediahalo.com/p/dlevine

Comment

+1

Comment

....heck I will even include one of the lenses your choice! same price ....It time for me to move on, freaking nice bit of real pro kit here,
                  Last edited by Phil; 04-11-2013, 02:07 PM.
                  New Ursa Mini 4.6 owner

Comment

will add also a Alloy flight box thats worth a lot on its own....but buyer pays the shipping cost via DHL which is just down the road from here!
                    New Ursa Mini 4.6 owner

Comment

hi phil,
                      the si2k is a great system - i know, cause i own one ;-)
                      i just need the recording unit.. willing to split??

please contact me on info(at)aa-w.com
                      Last edited by thebeatmaniac; 01-09-2013, 12:02 PM.

Comment

I've sent you a PM

Comment

Its sold!
                          New Ursa Mini 4.6 owner

Comment

Man! That was a hell of a good deal for somebody!

Comment

Would you guys say that the SI-2K is worth the same amount the BMCC is? Despite whatever price it was originally... strictly in terms of current capability and performance.
                              Test footage Vimeo page: https://vimeo.com/romanalaivi

Comment

Working...
                              X