X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AshokVardhan
    replied
    Originally posted by yoclay View Post
    I think they jumped the gun. Probably received a call from HQ.
    Now it's nationwide. Your prediction came true. Now the Convergent Design Odyssey 7Q+ is just $1795 (at most retailers who offer with only one 256GB SSD). nanoFlash.net (the listing that I posted above) still offers two 256GB SSD's free.
    Last edited by AshokVardhan; 01-19-2016, 10:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Bergstrom
    replied
    If you need a monitor, buy this. It's incredible and the company is constantly updating it, and believe me, it's going to get very useful shortly...
    I doubt they are releasing anything at NAB since they just released Apollo (which with a license can be installed on the 7q+)
    This monitor lives on my bmpc and has saved my butt a couple times.

Leave a comment:

• yoclay
    replied
    I think they jumped the gun. Probably received a call from HQ.

Leave a comment:

• AshokVardhan
    replied
    ...I am guessing Blackmagic has something up their sleeves. We could possibly see a big brother for the Video Assist that can record 4K to SSD's over 12G inputs? Only time will tell...

Leave a comment:

• yoclay
    replied
    As I said, the deal will go countrywide.
    Hope that answers your question.

Leave a comment:

• AshokVardhan
    replied
    I asked the seller the same question: Are you aware of something that I am not aware of? Please do tell.

Personally, this much I am aware of: Convergent Design is planning on releasing a firmware update that will allow a 6G input on the BNC connectors.

So even at $1795 with two 256GB SSD's it is a great deal for a monitor/recorder with OLED display (covered with the virtually indestructible Gorilla glass). Furthermore the chassis of the Odyssey 7Q+ is made of magnesium alloy (lightweight & strong) unlike the Shogun. So it is constructed keeping production environments in mind. The only other recorder that I am aware of, which comes close in build quality, is the Video Devices PIX-E7. However, the E7 uses a USB 3.0 interface for its recording media (which cannot possibly do RAW recording rates and might be limited to only ProRes flavors) otherwise it is a very solidly built unit.
    Last edited by AshokVardhan; 01-18-2016, 09:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• yoclay
    replied
    We're not far off from NAB. I sense a new product is coming. Either from CD or another competitor. I would expect that deal to go countrywide. In fact I am sure of it.
    Last edited by yoclay; 01-18-2016, 08:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AshokVardhan
    started a topic FS: New Convergent Design Odyssey 7Q+ SALE

FS: New Convergent Design Odyssey 7Q+ SALE

Never before have I seen such a great price for the Odyssey 7Q+ (with two 256GB Convergent Design SSDs) + full manufacturers warranty + shipping: all this for just: $1795. I just bought one, thought those who need it could grab one while the limited stocks last: http://www.ebay.com/itm/252246415410
Working...
X