• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great battery deal

Just came across this battery deal...

http://www.cinevate.com/store2/on-sa...e-battery.html

$50 seems really cheap.
    -Michael Beck

Yes, yes it does. Here is that external battery, to go under the tripod, for the URSA Mini!

Comment

Bet it's a typo - 490 seems likely.
      http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0085719/

Comment

Originally posted by CB_Video View Post
        Bet it's a typo - 490 seems likely.
        No it's for real, Cinevate had it on ebay as well and the shipping was cheaper so I ordered it there. We'll see when it gets here. The only thing that concerns me is that NiMH batteries tend to die if left on the shelf too long without charging and wonder if they will take care of it under warranty if the cells are bad.
        Even if they need to recall the case is worth $50.

Comment

Heck, I don't even know what I'd use this for - but at a discount like THAT? BUY TWO!
          Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
          Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
          Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

Any idea of the wattage? Not any info I could find on the site.

Comment

watts = volts x amps so it should be 66, 100, and 144 watts if it can put out the same amperage at each voltage setting.

Comment

FYI shipping is about $33 per battery to the midwest US

Comment

Can this power the BMCC?

Comment

For anyone who gets this, can you post the total wattage rating from the manufacture? If it's truly a 140W, 12V system, I'll buy 4 of them for the URSA for sure. That'll get me to lunch

Comment

Originally posted by vicharris View Post
                      For anyone who gets this, can you post the total wattage rating from the manufacture? If it's truly a 140W, 12V system, I'll buy 4 of them for the URSA for sure. That'll get me to lunch
                      are you thinking of xlr out from this directly to the xlr power of the ursa?
                      www.lightformfilm.com
                      https://vimeo.com/suwanchote

follow me on instagram @lightformfilm

Comment

Originally posted by Note Suwanchote View Post
                        are you thinking of xlr out from this directly to the xlr power of the ursa?
                        Yep, if it'll work. Rig up some type of removable rail system with a Movcam 1/4 20 attachment. I can get 4 of these for the price of one U Power battery.

Comment

Did anyone ever get one of these?

Comment

I got mine, looks good, came with charger. As far as I can tell it uses 10 amp-hour NiMH cells at 12 volts should be 120 watt-hours.

I had a concern, because NiMH cells can die if left uncharged too long but this came almost fully charged and seems to work fine.

Just the cells themselves are about $8 apiece so $80 worth.

Comment

Does it list the actual true total wattage it can output? Can it truly do 20 amps at 7.2v?
                              Last edited by blommer; 01-10-2016, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X