Cooke Speed Panchro's set 18, 25, 32, 50, 75

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooke Speed Panchro's set 18, 25, 32, 50, 75

up for grabs is matching set of Cooke's Speed Panchro's ready for rehousing. Lenses are form the very end of the Panchro,s production in mid 1960's. Lenses are in a Arri Standard Mount (external key-way) and they ware primary used in ArriBlimp. Today they arrived bask form CLA and columation. Optics are clean, fungus free, scratch free, no separation or any balsam issues, no coating spotting... 75mm has some cleaning marks on a front element coating. mechanically they are good for 50+ yer old lenses, all are reaching infinity, focus is accurate and smooth.
    lens set includes:

-COOKE SPEED PANCHRO 18mm SIII F2 T2.2 #766XXX
    -COOKE SPEED PANCHRO 25mm SIII F2 T2.2 #768XXX
    -COOKE SPEED PANCHRO 32mm SII F2 T2.3 #769XXX
    -COOKE SPEED PANCHRO 50mm SII F2 T2.3 #744XXX
    -COOKE SPEED PANCHRO 75mm SII F2 T2.3 #758XXX

Please keep in mind that we are talking about 50+ years old lenses and they are not NEW, but have some small issues as nay old cinema glass has. On the other hand its a rare opportunity to get clean matching set with no major issues. This set was originally purchased to be rehoused at P+S Tehnik but since then focus has shifted and we went in different direction. asking price is 14 000 USD

Lenses are located in Montreal, Canada and you are more then welcome to see them and test them if you are interested. If you are interested or have any questions feel free to contact me at l.sanader@gmail.com
    Attached Files

No, I can't come within a mile of affording these, but I like to drop in and just look at them from time to time...

..and wonder what kind of classic images they would render on the BMCC or Pocket Cameras.

Hey, do you by any chance have any stuff to see that you've shot with these lenses on a BMD camera?

I don't mean to waste your time here in this sales thread. I just was thinking that I'd really enjoy seeing some of that if you had it available.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

I second that. Would love to see what they can do on a BM
      Blog: http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

Comment

There are sets of pl mounted panchros all over the place. Why don't either of you rent a set and tell us!
        Toby Angwin - Director/Compositor
        Twitter Vimeo
        http://www.soupkitchenfilms.net
        BMMCC Veydras
        Smallrig, Letus & Ergocine support

Comment

You missed the point
          Blog: http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

Comment

Hello fellows and thanks for interest.

I am big fan of Cookes Kinoptiks and Lomos however you cant keep them all. for sure they have special vintage but still up to date look.

Unfortunately i dont have BM camera at the moment so i cant post any BM+Cooke DNG's. Several months back i posted a big photo tread with lomos and vintage Angenieux and Cooke 35mm zooms and i was asked by moderators to take it down because it was "irrelevant" due to fact it was shoot on a Sony...
            i still dont understand how comparing vintage and "rare to see together" lenses is camera specific but hey... so till i get my 4.6 Mini Ursa i cant play

as for Pocket and Cooke's its way smarter to use Kinetal's! first they are dirt cheap compared to Panchros. also they are higher resolution due to small format and finally they are way younger then average Panchros. You will still get Cooke look just on a smaller format. i think only 12.5 has some trouble covering S16 but dont hold me on that.

finally, yes there is a lot of rehoused vintage glass out there specially in west coast rentals... in a way they are vintage looking but on the other hand they are easily usable on everyday projects. Owning a set of rehoused cookes is more appeling to me then owning a set of CP.2 or Schneider FF's. Today there are some good rehousing options that are not 2500e per lens like P+S and TLS (even more). Dima Turaev, Kimcamera, Artur Kovalevsky... are doing really good jobs with full rehousing, internal focus, 360 degree throws in a price range of $1200 to 1500$US. This nice and affordable option is something to consider in a long run. again 20k of rental will get you long way comes down to old argument: Owning VS Renting

Comment

But owning means you can pat them at night
              Toby Angwin - Director/Compositor
              Twitter Vimeo
              http://www.soupkitchenfilms.net
              BMMCC Veydras
              Smallrig, Letus & Ergocine support

Comment

SOLD!

Comment

Working...
                X