***Blackmagic URSA EF Bundle***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vicharris View Post
    For sure man. Glad you sold it. I know a couple guys in LA trying to find one and I was going to pass this on. It's hard to pick these up for this price. I refuse to entertain people on justifying my opinion when they've most likely never touched the camera. Over it on this forum.
    It's a little much to say anyone was calling for a justification of an opinion, even when yours seems to have changed so drastically in the course of three months. You seem to be making my exact same argument in that thread. Hey, as I Blackmagic owner, I'm glad if they can keep such a high resale value. I was simply asking users of both superior knowledge and a more experienced touching-of-the-product history, if a 19% discount without getting a free c-fast card was indeed a good deal.
    Last edited by dryrunholiday; 07-16-2015, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dryrunholiday View Post
      It's a little much to say anyone was calling for a justification of an opinion, even when yours seems to have changed so drastically in the course of three months. You seem to be making my exact same argument in that thread. Hey, as I Blackmagic owner, I'm glad if they can keep such a high resale value. I was simply asking users of both superior knowledge and a more experienced touching-of-the-product history, if a 19% discount without getting a free c-fast card was indeed a good deal.
      Actually you are very wrong. That camera was $4500 with no add ons. This one was $4900 with many add ons. Huge difference. My low ball offer in that other thread was just that. I knew I would never buy it for $3500 but I was expecting him to come back with a more reasonable offer. Also with the price of that card now at $300 and people having problems with the CFast reader they throw in, yes, this was a good deal.

Now I do apologize if you were just asking instead of some sort of offensive attack which seems to be so prevalent on this forum. Everyone thinks they are smarter than one another plus the lost in translation that happens with online dialogue.

So if you are truly just asking, yes, this is a good deal. After using/getting to know this camera for 2 months, it's strengths and it's weaknesses, there's just something else there that's not in the others. I don't know what it is but there's something. So if someone can get a good deal on this camera and then upgrade to the 4.6K sensor, I think we're going to have something special on our hands and that was my end game. Get a new/used one at a good price and upgrade. For what I got mine for it was a no brainier but I lucked out because someone needed money though this was still a good deal.

We're shooting a 60 day feature on the 4.6K URSA this fall and the whole thing will be documented from pre pro to delivery via all their social media people. I'll start a thread for that in Sep.

Comment

I also just want to point out (and it doesn't really matter) that this was my second URSA. I am keeping one.

Compared to the competition and what people were paying for ENG cameras 5+ years ago (VariCam)...the price is disgusting, haha.

This is a $5K upgradeable sensor camera with amazing quality....and that 10" screen is personally my favorite thing ever.

Comment

wow soon as I come back on the forum to buy it lol. Just got settled in too.

Comment

Working...
          X