GH5 to Alexa Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GH5 to Alexa Conversion

"GH5 V-Log is transformed to precisely match the color science of the Alexa, without compromise."

EmotiveColor.com

PDF

GHa Tungsten (Main) - No other color alteration
    Last edited by Sage; 09-08-2018, 09:50 AM. Reason: Pdf

Turn up the volume, choose 2K, and fullscreen it

https://vimeo.com/243586947

https://youtu.be/Nz8q2FRZrLo
    Last edited by Sage; 11-19-2017, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Looks great! Another reason to get a gh5 for me. 65 is a nice price for the claims. Look forward to seeing what people can create while I add to my gh5 fund.

Comment

Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 10.49.50 PM.jpg

Speechless.

Comment

Great.
          Does it work also with HLG mode?

Comment

Originally posted by Howie Roll View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]25193[/ATTACH]

Speechless.
            Aw, thanks Howie! I appreciate that

Originally posted by frank10 View Post
            Great.
            Does it work also with HLG mode?
            That's next on the roadmap. It will be an HLG [PRE] mod file, like the 8-bit PRE file detailed in the PDF. V-Log will still be the 'premier' format, as it won't require a PRE file (except for 8 bit), and there are those slow motion options (which HLG can't do)

Originally posted by Ryanite View Post
            Looks great! Another reason to get a gh5 for me. 65 is a nice price for the claims. Look forward to seeing what people can create while I add to my gh5 fund.
            Thanks Ryanite!
            Its wholly different from other color conversions.. I had to create a system that would allow me achieve the level of accuracy I was after, because what I needed was not commercially available.
            Last edited by Sage; 11-20-2017, 07:13 AM.

Comment

But will be HLG included into the already vlog paid version?

Comment

But will be HLG included into the already vlog paid version?
                Indeed it will; all updates to the conversion will be free.
                Granted, those who have V-log will probably prefer to opt for the V-log pipeline.

Comment

Could you post the original vlog pic with the girl with checkerboard and flowers? Also with the original Alexa one?
                  They look really good!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanite View Post
                    Ryanite, did any thing exists in this world that looks not great for you?

All samples overexposed and have blown clipped highlights which are digitally recovered in post by that transformation LUT. All looks very DSLRish and GH5ish. you can get same shifted "Alexa colors" and highlight rolloff for free with LUTcalc app. Just transform to Alexa-X-2 or Amira709

Screen-Shot-2017-11-20-at-7.59.25-PM.jpg
                    Screen-Shot-2017-11-20-at-7.59.35-PM.jpg
                    All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

Comment

Originally posted by shijan View Post
                      Ryanite, did any thing exists in this world that looks not great for you?

All samples overexposed and have blown clipped highlights which are digitally recovered in post by that transformation LUT. All looks very DSLRish and GH5ish. you can get same shifted "Alexa colors" and highlight rolloff for free with LUTcalc app. Just transform to Alexa-X-2 or Amira709
                      The indoor comparison in particular features an overblown gradient ramp. I hit a reflective white board with a very strong focal halogen, to reveal where the cameras blow out, and how they handle it.

As detailed in the PDF, the conversion is not simply a shift in known format parameters. You can use LutCalc or buy Lattice to create a tailored V-Log to LogC conversion, which will give you more 'Alexa-like' colors. I know this, because indeed I bought Lattice in my dogged pursuit of getting something more Alexa-like. But as you have likely noticed, the result is far from an accurate match to an Alexa. I made this first and foremost for myself, because I really wanted a true conversion

Comment

Could you post the original vlog pic with the girl with checkerboard and flowers? Also with the original Alexa one?
                        They look really good!
                        *Thanks Frank!
                        Yes; when I get back to my primary computer in a bit I will take Log screenshots
                        Last edited by Sage; 11-20-2017, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sage View Post
                          Yes; when I get back to my primary computer in a bit I will take Log screenshots
                          Screenshot of the LOG is not the same as LOG source. When you do a screenshot image looks same but actually being converted to monitor color space and gamma. It will be great if you can share frame exported from v-log timeline to same v-log output
                          All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

Comment

Originally posted by shijan View Post
                            Screenshot of the LOG is not the same as LOG source. When you do a screenshot image looks same but actually being converted to monitor color space and gamma. It will be great if you can share frame exported from v-log timeline to same v-log output
                            Hang in there; high quality Log grabs coming right up. I'm away from home at the moment

Comment

Alexa LogC

GH5 V-Log

GHa LogC Conversion

High Quality Files:
                              https://www.mediafire.com/file/namaa...0Log%20SBS.zip

Also, this will be of use; the documentation Pdf:
                              https://www.mediafire.com/file/gz9p6...umentation.pdf

Comment

Working...
                              X