***RED Raven Footage***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jarred Land View Post
    I commend them on the Micro, I personally ordered that one and am excited to receive it and give it a go.
    yes, once we actually receive one, not sure it exists. ive almost cancelled my order a few times, but after i was forced to use gopros on a shoot a few weeks ago, i now know i want to keep it…well, keep the order that is.

Comment

It would be incredibly disrespectful for me to answer that here
      That response speaks a lot about you. Showing respect for the competition even though you own this forum is very commendable. Thumbs up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Shasha View Post

I'm sure some would want to argue that there is some sort of "conflict of interest", or something like that, but who cares? In the end we're all filmmakers - including Jarred..
        Conflict of Interest pretty much sums up my life. I like to do things as a customer first.. and as business person 2nd. Unfortunately those two things almost always disagree with each other.

I know I have a personality that not everyone agrees with... but I need to, to balance out those scales. The day that I start to wear suits and behave myself... is the day the customer loses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
          Some people (myself included) find it quite easy to spot when a red has been using in a production - based only on the resulting colour (usually in the skin tones) .
          This. Though of course someone can post an example that might contradict this but for the most part, yes. Skin tones. Same as spotting Pany footage before they outsourced their sensors from Sony. Not saying any camera is better but it's not hard to spot unless you've destroyed it with a grade.

Also Jarred, my comment about being classless came from the appearance of you bashing testers and footage we've seen from recent BM cameras. Though Romans new footage is amazing for a promo!

If that wasn't your intention, I apologize, especially since I spend so much time at RED Studios on BOSCH, I don't want to have an awkward encounter

It would be nice to get some side by side of this and the 4.6K. I'm sure it'll be a split decision and just personal preference at that point. Wouldn't mind seeing the new Varicam thrown in there for shits and giggles too.
          Last edited by vicharris; 12-11-2015, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• LOL, this thread. Seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by vicharris View Post
              Also Jarred, my comment about being classless came from the appearance of you bashing testers and footage we've seen from recent BM cameras. Though Romans new footage is amazing for a promo!
              I wasn't bashing Black Magic footage or any specific camera company at all.. I didn't know there was BM test footage of dogs walking in a park and lamp posts and boats.. Honestly, I was making an overall generalization of test footage , and I stick by that, as most of our customers do not aspire to shoot that type of footage. I know we all do actually shoot that kind of footage when we are fucking around, myself included, and I know there are exceptions, such as people that shoot dogs for a living or lamposts for a living or boats for a living, but generally that's not the kind of thing our customers actually get paid for ( or want to get paid for ).

Comment

I wasn't bashing Black Magic footage or any specific camera company at all.. I didn't know there was BM test footage of dogs walking in a park and lamp posts and boats.. Honestly, I was making an overall generalization of test footage , and I stick by that, as most of our customers do not aspire to shoot that type of footage. I know we all do actually shoot that kind of footage when we are fucking around, myself included, and I know there are exceptions, such as people that shoot dogs for a living or lamposts for a living or boats for a living, but generally that's not the kind of thing our customers actually get paid for ( or want to get paid for ).
                If someone is shooting dogs with a damn RED camera, they need to seriously re-evaluate what the hell they are doing!

Comment

• Originally posted by vicharris View Post
                  If someone is shooting dogs with a damn RED camera, they need to seriously re-evaluate what the hell they are doing!
                  haha, well those purina campaigns i did well paid me enough to buy 5 ravens, haha...

Comment

• Originally posted by JLdp View Post
                    haha, well those purina campaigns i did well paid me enough to buy 5 ravens, haha...
                    ha ha that's why i said there are exceptions. And congratts

Comment

• I shoot naked women and want to get laid I mean paid for it. Should I not use a BMD or RED cameras?

I know were Jarred is comming from and it is appreciative that he considers people who use BMD cameras, like RED users, are using good enough cameras to aspire to higher things than more mundaine footages. However to be fair to the beta testers they are showing us private samples to let us get some sort of idea about the IQ. Thats said I would'nt want prospective clients to see these if I were to introduce a BMD camera into their next production. We are in a industry were impression and to entertaine means much.

Comment

ha ha that's why i said there are exceptions. And congratts
                        and i am buying one raven! so thank you for everything, you are highly appreciated.

Comment

• Exactly, what the beta testers have done serve a purpose for camera geeks. As its been mentioned earlier having a slickly made production to show off a new camera only helps those of us who plan to use said camera. Like it or not its a lot of professionals who don't like BMD cameras and part of that is one bad initial experience. Some guys only need to burned once and there done, while others are willingly to let things mature and come of age..like RED has done.

On a side note love or hate RED, Jarred is a cool cat in my book! And it easy to see why some Redusers are so passionate about RED. Its because they actually feel like they are apart of a large camera loving family where you can interface with the President and have your opinions/request heard and considered.

Comment

• Well this turned into quite the circle jerk :-)

Comment

• The thousands of dollars is worth just that...that communication.

That communication/interaction with the community has affected the souls of the deepest, die-hard BM supporters like myself (and others here more than me)...but no more support. This silence has taken a toll on me and it's just time to make a switch.

Comment

• July.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X