No announcement yet.

A short summary of current external power solution for BMPCC Pocket Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumkicho the answer is yes. I just setup a DIY power solution since I had existing 12v batteries like that lying around. I ordered these plugs and verified the polarity just in case (which is pin = positive/sleeve = negative). I have 5 batteries from 3 different manufacturers and they all have the same polarity so it's safe to say (still verify so you don't fry your cam) that it's a universal polarity configuration...or coincidence on my part lol. This combo works as if made for it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-2-Female...item2332b678d9

Comment

Abstrak I have the same setup rails and IndiePro battery adapter. Works well since I already had a gang of LP-E6 batteries.

Comment

The cheap 12v CCTV batteries off Ebay are fine. I used epoxy to fix mine to clamps for my 15mm rails. Shot all day today and never even made it onto the second battery! Check the picture for my battery setup:

Bf-G7t0IUAAbBnW.jpg

Comment

analog_addict Are the ones you're using the 5800mah capacity?

Comment

Originally posted by DerrickB View Post
            analog_addict Are the ones you're using the 5800mah capacity?
            I believe that's what they are advertised as. In my tests they each gave 6hrs of power to the camera.

Comment

Thanks for the answer! I got the cable and the battery today, and it is working great. I am going to see how long it lasts.

Bumkicho the answer is yes. I just setup a DIY power solution since I had existing 12v batteries like that lying around. I ordered these plugs and verified the polarity just in case (which is pin = positive/sleeve = negative). I have 5 batteries from 3 different manufacturers and they all have the same polarity so it's safe to say (still verify so you don't fry your cam) that it's a universal polarity configuration...or coincidence on my part lol. This combo works as if made for it.

Comment

Just as an update, I bought one of these a month or so ago and used it a few times but might have pushed it's limits yesterday. I was filming in oddly some unusally hot weather for this time in LA. Nothing crazy but I'm sure it was 85 or 90. Then adding I was on concrete the entire time. Anyways, after about 4 or 5 hours maybe 6, this pigtail started smoking and caught on fire! I had to yank it from the camera and Tilta plate before anything else happen. Not sure if my power port is damaged yet, so I'm going to order a name brand d tap cable and see if everything is ok. Just a heads up. I was having video problems with the HDMI out as well. Every item was just hot as hell.

Comment

I use the IndiePro that uses Canon batteries, because they are the same as those for the Zacuto EVF, and I have 4 of them. To be honest, I bought it as interim solution till something better comes along, but it works so well (don't know how many hours because it hasn't died on me, I'd guess 4-5), and is so light, that I've never looked back.

I took it off the rail block it comes on and mounted it on top of my JuicedLink pre-amp, which sits just behind the LCD. Balances well on the shoulder handheld and stays there without re-assembly when on a tripod... really convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by vicharris View Post
                    Just as an update, I bought one of these a month or so ago and used it a few times but might have pushed it's limits yesterday. I was filming in oddly some unusally hot weather for this time in LA. Nothing crazy but I'm sure it was 85 or 90. Then adding I was on concrete the entire time. Anyways, after about 4 or 5 hours maybe 6, this pigtail started smoking and caught on fire! I had to yank it from the camera and Tilta plate before anything else happen. Not sure if my power port is damaged yet, so I'm going to order a name brand d tap cable and see if everything is ok. Just a heads up. I was having video problems with the HDMI out as well. Every item was just hot as hell.
                    Wow... that sounds scary! Did you use it the whole day or just power it on when you need the power?

Comment

Thanks for the info, just found that Indipro on B & H and ordered one, thought about getting the one with XLR input but decided not needed since I use an H1. Glad you having good results with it.
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/madmohawkfilms

Comment

What about this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Varavon-...-/231233490861

Looks like it could power the camera AND a monitor at the same time.

Comment

The Varvavon is a big waste of money as all it is are 18650 batteries inside a custom plastic box. I have the same battery back for a fraction of the price.

http://bmcuser.com/showthread.php?91...l=1#post122771

Comment

@f1lm3r

Nice. Do you know of a body with two DC outputs? That's what I am really hoping to find.

Comment

Originally posted by QuickHitRecord View Post
                              @f1lm3r

Nice. Do you know of a body with two DC outputs? That's what I am really hoping to find.
                              http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-CCTV-Se...item416325603e

Comment

Has anyone used the Switronix or Ikan battery plate which can power camera with only ONE LP-E6? I like to keep camera small and compact as much as possible, but internal battery is just not usable at all in real production. Let me know if anyone tried it.
                                Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X