X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kholi
    replied
    http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.ph...tage-and-Tests - New thread for all relevant info now that it's almost here.

Leave a comment:

• Kholi
    replied
    Edit, take that back, it looks like the filter DOES add some warmth to the image. First time noticing that!

Not sure if it's bad or good.

Leave a comment:

• Kholi
    replied
    Originally posted by jakepowell View Post
    of course kholi! anything and everything is good! i appreciate your work for this community immensely. on a side note i prefer real world examples to charts anyway ...
    Here's an early before and after on the Pocket Camera:

- The cloth is a top that goes over another shirt, good candidate for moire
    - there's a light shift from behind me, clouds, ignore the color shift for now, I'm pretty sure that's the reason for that.
    - Didn't realize frame had tilted down a bit until I got it back to the computer, don't think it actually matters TOO much because the distances are the same, and so are the focal lengths

Sigma 18 @ 18, Wide open, RAW, no filters etc.

Before

After

After w/sharpening

Sharpening in debayer was set to 40.00

Here's ProRes (same deal):

Before

After

After Sharpening

I do see more of a hit with ProRes HQ on the pocket, but I ALSO see that moire without it, and that's what I always see.

Doing the same thing for the 2.5K. Major apologies for the crudeness, I figured we just need to see what the moire's doing if we can't have a chart right now.

Leave a comment:

• MiguelFranco
    replied
    Thanks Kholi =)

Leave a comment:

• jakepowell
    replied
    of course kholi! anything and everything is good! i appreciate your work for this community immensely. on a side note i prefer real world examples to charts anyway ...

Leave a comment:

• Kholi
    replied
    Originally posted by jakepowell View Post
    eagerling waiting those new tests! especially the pocket !

Doing this right this minute. Found my Chart... behind the server case half browned from the water leak we had a few months back >.<

Improvising with some fabric that I know moires, then will go outside and do some A/B with nature from 18mm+

RAW and ProRes HQ

That should suffice until I get another chart setup yeah?

Leave a comment:

• Frank Glencairn
    replied
    Originally posted by Jared Caldwell View Post
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
    What Jared said.

Leave a comment:

• jakepowell
    replied
    eagerling waiting those new tests! especially the pocket !

Leave a comment:

• Kholi
    replied
    Originally posted by nyccomposer View Post
    Hey Kholi,

Thanks for everything you're doing!

DO you know, is the level of detail about the amount of "smear" in the OLPF more suited to 2.5k or 1080ProRes?

Or is that a nonsensical question, i.e. its suited for 2.5k either way and the camera down samples that to 1080.

Thanks!

Kyle
    No it's a fair question. I'm actually compiling test stuff today, just after about one o'clock so I'll have a chart (if I can find my freakin' chart) or something with a ton of detail to show the differences between RAW and ProRes on both cameras (2.5K MFT and Pocket). Will likely post that tonight, so keep an eye out.

However, I went to try something yesterday and accidentally rolled ProRes HQ instead of RAW.

This is JUST so anyone interested in the filter shooting ProRes can see something earlyish, until I upload the before and afters:

https://vimeo.com/102819412

Download the H264 if you can.

Leave a comment:

• nyccomposer
    replied
    Hey Kholi,

Thanks for everything you're doing!

DO you know, is the level of detail about the amount of "smear" in the OLPF more suited to 2.5k or 1080ProRes?

Or is that a nonsensical question, i.e. its suited for 2.5k either way and the camera down samples that to 1080.

Thanks!

Kyle

Leave a comment:

• Jared Caldwell
    replied
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Leave a comment:

• Brian@202020
    replied
    Thanks Kholi.

Leave a comment:

• Kholi
    replied
    xD Hey I'm in it for me, too. Haha. Getting these cameras to produce better images (which were already great from the beginning) definitely benefits me.

The Hoyas, Sigma lenses, all the LUTs, the firmware updates, Black Satin, and now mosaic's filter have really really really changed the 2.5K into something that it definitely was not (for me) two years ago.

And I guess on a personal level, Resolve and learning that.

I'm pretty on about being able to use the 2.5K without worry from now on, and then having the 4K for a different look.

Almost there!

Leave a comment:

• k Stark
    replied
    Kholi,
    Thank you so much for helping keep the ball rolling on this!
    Cheers.
    Keith

Leave a comment:

• jakepowell
    replied
    Originally posted by Kholi View Post
    Quick update:

Filter itself is done done for the 2.5K. I have to drop it into the pocket to make sure but Mosaic and I are pretty confident it's just finished. Now's the last portion of getting it to work with the SB, sounds like that's solved this week after the conversation this morning (I've been able to get these guys daily now that we're getting close!).

Not sure if I mentioned this, but I did drop the 12/1.6 SLR Magic on the MFT camera, with the filter behind it, to see if there would be any issue with wides. None. Wide open, it was just fine. Really great stuff.

I don't have any idea about the price, I expect it to be reasonable, though. As for shelves, I would be surprised if these weren't ready to ship within the next pair of weeks (BMD style haha). Like, it's pretty much ready, and I should have a final final in my hands soon.

F**KING AWESOME.

love to see some pocket tests!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X