No announcement yet.

BMPCC (original) + Tascam DR 60D Mkii +Sennheiser MKE 600 + Anker Astro Pro 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMPCC (original) + Tascam DR 60D Mkii +Sennheiser MKE 600 + Anker Astro Pro 2

Hello,

I just wanted to ask you guys whether I can juice both my original BMPCC and the Tascam DR60D Mkii + Sennheiser MKE 600 from my external battery Anker Astro Pro 2 (20,000mAh) at the same time.

I've tried the BMPCC (via 12 V DC) and the audio combo separately (via USB), but I'm afraid using everything together at the same time might fry something.

Have any of you guys tried this in the past?

Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by Roberto View Post
    Hello,

I just wanted to ask you guys whether I can juice both my original BMPCC and the Tascam DR60D Mkii + Sennheiser MKE 600 from my external battery Anker Astro Pro 2 (20,000mAh) at the same time.

I've tried the BMPCC (via 12 V DC) and the audio combo separately (via USB), but I'm afraid using everything together at the same time might fry something.

Have any of you guys tried this in the past?

Thank you in advance.
    This question is easy. You can power the camera and the Tascam from the Anker battery. and the mic from the DR60D phantom internal power, So I'm not sure what you are worried about. Of course the Anker has to provide separate 12v and 5V at the same time. Does it provide that? Did you check that?

Cabling all that might not be easy, because BMPCC and Tascam use non-locking interface, except for later 6K BMPCC. Tascam seems to prefer internal power, as they do not provide a locking power connector, as they should.

Comment

I had missed this response, carlmart. Sorry. I believe the Anker provides 12v and 9v, but I'm quite positive it can' to it at the same time. As a matter of fact, when you turn it on, you have to choose between 12v and 9v, so I don' think it can power two different voltages simultaneously.

As for my worries, I don't know much about electricity, to put it mildly, so I'm afraid that trying it could fry any of the devices.

Comment

I regularly visit your website and find a lot of interesting information. There are not only good articles but also great comments. Thank you and hope my page grows bigger and bigger. atari breakout

Comment

Working...
        X