Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will not place an order until I have seen the footage, though I am interested to see how the global shutter will change the way movement looks, I love my BMCC but there is something about the movement which I'm not entirely convinced by, has anyone else noticed this? I think this lack of footage could be a clever move by BM to stop the avalanche of pre-orders and allow a slow ramp up in production.

Comment

Originally posted by MelbFilm View Post
      I will not place an order until I have seen the footage, though I am interested to see how the global shutter will change the way movement looks, I love my BMCC but there is something about the movement which I'm not entirely convinced by, has anyone else noticed this? I think this lack of footage could be a clever move by BM to stop the avalanche of pre-orders and allow a slow ramp up in production.
      What I have noticed in a few BMCC shorts is a sort of stuttering that I am accustomed to seeing in compressed DSLR footage. I had always blamed that on the DSLR codecs. I really don't know if this is related to the rolling shutter or not. Very few people are complaining about it so maybe it is just my computer (and iPad) to blame. It is very easy to notice with certain footage though. I too am suspicious about the footage delays, but for other reasons. I have a production camera on order but may cancel if there is no footage.

Comment

11 days to go..... yaaaayyyyy!!!!!!!!

well till my birthday. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cedric Akins View Post
          11 days to go..... yaaaayyyyy!!!!!!!!

well till my birthday. lol
          Haha nice Thanks for filling in yesterday.

10 days now!

Comment

My birthday is 7/25...this is deja vu all over again. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by mhood View Post
              My birthday is 7/25...this is deja vu all over again. ;-)
              Wow lots of birthdays on that day!

I also can't wait to read up on all the news from this event.

http://invite.blackmagicdesign.com/event2013/

Comment

Originally posted by alex1 View Post
                ...until the 4K Production camera and pocket cameras come out!

Seems like it has been forever, but the wait will soon be over.

With a lot of reassurance that Blackmagic will deliver both new cameras, I can't wait to see all the new videos that will start to flow in.

I think this website will also be getting very popular in August.

Anyone else pre-order or think of picking one up day 1?

I think this countdown thread is funny and a fun idea!

The PR cynic in me tells me that Blackmagic announced these cameras at NAB2013 to change the conversation. Meaning, people were no longer talking about the previous camera that had just started to deliver a year after the announcement -- instead they were talking about the $995 camera with 13 stops of dynamic range. If they hadn't changed the subject, their booth at NAB would have been nothing other than a complaint festival.

My fear -- is that delivering those new promises on July 25th was not really the point. Changing the conversation was the point.

I hope I'm wrong. I really do.

B&H did bill me the entire amount plus shipping for the pre-order of the pocket camera. I thought they didn't bill people on pre-orders until they shipped -- so -- maybe they really do think they'll be shipping the cameras in the near term.

Whatever is ahead -- be it the cameras shipping at the end of July -- OR this thread becoming the "it's been four months -- where's my camera" thread -- I'll be tuning in to read.
                Media Production by Andrew Gupta
                www.andrewgupta.com

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Gupta View Post
                  I think this countdown thread is funny and a fun idea!

The PR cynic in me tells me that Blackmagic announced these cameras at NAB2013 to change the conversation. Meaning, people were no longer talking about the previous camera that had just started to deliver a year after the announcement -- instead they were talking about the $995 camera with 13 stops of dynamic range. If they hadn't changed the subject, their booth at NAB would have been nothing other than a complaint festival.

My fear -- is that delivering those new promises on July 25th was not really the point. Changing the conversation was the point.

I hope I'm wrong. I really do.

B&H did bill me the entire amount plus shipping for the pre-order of the pocket camera. I thought they didn't bill people on pre-orders until they shipped -- so -- maybe they really do think they'll be shipping the cameras in the near term.

Whatever is ahead -- be it the cameras shipping at the end of July -- OR this thread becoming the "it's been four months -- where's my camera" thread -- I'll be tuning in to read.
                  Yeah that is good news.

So many reports and videos have confirmed that July 25th is still good to go for most orders.

Comment

That's interesting that B&H billed your card pre-shipment. I ordered from them around midnight on 4/10 and I don't see any pending charges on my American Express.

Comment

I was initially billed, and after a few days they refunded it. I bought some additional items in addition to the camera, so that may be a reason why.

Comment

At this point I doubt very much that it will be on time, as no one has had time to see it and access the camera, before they buy.. I know they will show it before they will sell it and they haven't come close to doing that yet.. Usually we hear a day or two in advance that footage is coming.. I'd much rather than do it right than rush something out.. especially as I'm one of the first on the list...

Comment

4K footage would be nice!

Comment

9 days until release?

Wow, time is going by fast!

Comment

Originally posted by adg View Post
                              That's interesting that B&H billed your card pre-shipment. I ordered from them around midnight on 4/10 and I don't see any pending charges on my American Express.
                              They did. Camera and shipping. I've got the email receipt to prove it. There has been no refund as JLukowski suggested as yet.

I did just post that press release from Blackmagic. On the 25th they'll be demonstrating the Pocket camera and the 4k camera in Los Angeles. They'll be in New York on August 8th. At a minimum this means they've got something to show. I have no idea if this in any way relates to any form of shipping to anyone.
                              Media Production by Andrew Gupta
                              www.andrewgupta.com

Comment

B&H did bill me the entire amount plus shipping for the pre-order of the pocket camera.
                                That seems odd...I wasn't billed for my Pocket Cam pre order with B&H. I even ordered a lens with it, which I opted to receive now instead of with the camera.

Comment

Working...
                                X