This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rick.lang View Post
    Shipment of both BMPCC and BMPC4K cameras?
    Lets hope so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Schrengohst View Post
      Yeah, I have told clients I cannot do anymore work for them until my BMCC pocket comes in.
      So far I have turned down about 20K of work. I just cannot bring myself to pick up my old
      crappy cameras any longer…… /sarc
      I was about to ask you, "ARE YOU NUTS?!?!?!?!?!" but the sarcasm was a little slow to creep in on me... lol

Comment

• I have also called a bunch of clients, telling them that I would be unavailable to work for them, and every single one of them said, "We never hired you. Stop calling us."

Comment

• Quit messing with my clients Ryan!

Comment

• I dropped by the Adorama store in NYC yesterday and asked an employee if they had any updates on shipping. I was told that they may not get the pocket cams for another 2 months. Hopefully I was misinformed...
            That wouldn't be news at all. Although asking about an incoming hot product to a wall full of bags at Adorama would yield the same informed answer as asking the same question to an employee. They are clueless at best. A delayed camera would be of no surprise to any of us who have been in this business for a long time and have gone through a few agonizing waits. For those of you daydreaming about having either camera by the end of July, well keep it up, a sunny outlook is good for the brain.

Comment

• it would be amazing that the apparent delay was due to the fact that the raw function was only capable of an output of 2048 x 1152. It's only 128 pixels away from that horizontally anyway. I don't know just wishful thinking...

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Gupta View Post
                Respectfully... "Mass market" consumer electronics are items that twelve year old girls and sixty year old men use.

Do you have any idea how demeaning this is to 60+ year old film makers, many of whom are on this board?

You think the world revolves around twenty somethings?

Talent knows no age and obviously neither does ignorance or hubris.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimagine View Post
                  Do you have any idea how demeaning this is to 60+ year old film makers, many of whom are on this board?

Yea!!! I've earned the right to agree by living so long.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimagine View Post

I can take solace in the fact that I was shooting training videos for the military when he was wearing diapers pooping on himself... ;-)

Comment

• I start to think that this cameras aren't even close to be ready. It's going to be another blackmagic disaster again.

Andrew Reid is right spot on, if Blackmagic wants to be a serious contender, needs to deliver and on time. Needs to improve their communication, and needs to take costumers seriously.

If the reason to rush the announcement and the pseudo July release of this cameras was just to slow people down at NAB and don't have riots in their boot, that was wrong.
                      You can be the hardest die hard fanboy, but you don't need to agree that all of this is the right path for Blackmagic Design. This can't be the right way to do business.

And funny thing is that the problem seems to be the same one again: announcing products that aren't ready and aren't fully tested, either in development or production fields. This can't be any good, and most of us could see it coming.

I love this cameras but the way Blackmagic Design is doing business in their camera department it's just depressing and makes it hard to keep loving them.

Comment

• And... for the colorful fanboys here remember one thing: It was Blackmagic that said the cameras were going to ship in July, not the clients.

And yes, in this kind of business, time is everything. We spend months getting locations, actors, time schedules etc. We even make little drawings with what we are going to shoot on that day... around that hour.
                        In cinema or any professional production, we work on the clock, with schedules, that's all we do.

So don't try to convince us that we are not professional enough because we aren't used to RED or Blackmagic lack of professionalism, when announcing or releasing cameras.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macielle View Post
                          I start to think that this cameras aren't even close to be ready. It's going to be another blackmagic disaster again.

Andrew Reid is right spot on, if Blackmagic wants to be a serious contender, needs to deliver and on time. Needs to improve their communication, and needs to take costumers seriously.

If the reason to rush the announcement and the pseudo July release of this cameras was just to slow people down at NAB and don't have riots in their boot, that was wrong.
                          You can be the hardest die hard fanboy, but you don't need to agree that all of this is the right path for Blackmagic Design. This can't be the right way to do business.

And funny thing is that the problem seems to be the same one again: announcing products that aren't ready and aren't fully tested, either in development or production fields. This can't be any good, and most of us could see it coming.

I love this cameras but the way Blackmagic Design is doing business in their camera department it's just depressing and makes it hard to keep loving them.
                          Similar to what RED was doing some years back, but I hope they can deliver the cameras on time or with minimal delay this time round.

Comment

• The market is unforgiving now than it was 12 months ago. The landscape have certainly changed the last few months. ML has made Canon dSLRs a whole new option and hard to ignore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taikonaut View Post
                              The market is unforgiving now than it was 12 months ago. The landscape have certainly changed the last few months. ML has made Canon dSLRs a whole new option and hard to ignore.
                              Hacks will never be 100% reliable......

If the pocket camera doesn't come out this month hopefully we will see it in early August, if after some time it never shows up then just cancel you order. Then it is our option to stay with the company or not, very simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.F.R. View Post
                                Hacks will never be 100% reliable......

If the pocket camera doesn't come out this month hopefully we will see it in early August, if after some time it never shows up then just cancel you order. Then it is our option to stay with the company or not, very simple.
                                And neither will BMD cameras be 100% reliable.
                                So far ML RAW hack has been reliable, the only reliability issue lies with QC of CF cards. It has'nt bricked any cameras yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X