X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphicnatured
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny Smith View Post
    I am left handed also, and learned to carry the camera on my right shoulder (larger ENG cameras), it takes some time, and gym workouts help too, but you will get there learning to carry it on the right shoulder. Unfortunately, ENG type cameras were designed to be carried on the right shoulder. Try some extra padding or a wedge (I used a wedge) to help balance the camera. Speaking of balance, you want all the camera weight carried on your shoulder, balancing it with right hand on the grip, and left hand on the lens, elbows in at the side (Not out like wings). Keep your legs apart, with right foot ahead of the left, knees relaxed and slightly bent (your knees are the shock absorbers).

Hope,this helps.
    Thanks Denny. I'll work on it.

Leave a comment:

• Denny Smith
    replied
    I am left handed also, and learned to carry the camera on my right shoulder (larger ENG cameras), it takes some time, and gym workouts help too, but you will get there learning to carry it on the right shoulder. Unfortunately, ENG type cameras were designed to be carried on the right shoulder. Try some extra padding or a wedge (I used a wedge) to help balance the camera. Speaking of balance, you want all the camera weight carried on your shoulder, balancing it with right hand on the grip, and left hand on the lens, elbows in at the side (Not out like wings). Keep your legs apart, with right foot ahead of the left, knees relaxed and slightly bent (your knees are the shock absorbers).

Hope,this helps.

Leave a comment:

• Graphicnatured
    replied
    Originally posted by Note Suwanchote View Post
    I've heard of a lot of UM shooters being in the position and they've mentioned that it takes time it will get more comfortable the more you use it. From what I've heard.
    Thanks Note. This was my thinking as I was assembling it and predicting how it was going to go, but it SUCKS on my right shoulder. May have to rig it, but what a waste of kit, if so.

Leave a comment:

• Note Suwanchote
    replied
    Originally posted by Graphicnatured View Post
    Pardon me if this has been brought up in a different thread, but I read earlier here that some of you were talking about dominant eyes. I just picked up an Ursa Mini Pro and am happy the EVF extends since I'm left-eye dominant. The problem for me is I've always shot with cams on my left shoulder, handle held with left hand. I feel totally weak trying to wield this camera on my right shoulder, like I won't last more than twenty minutes. Any hope for someone like me? I have both the EVF, obviously, and the BM shoulder kit, but looks like it only goes on the right shoulder.
    I've heard of a lot of UM shooters being in the position and they've mentioned that it takes time it will get more comfortable the more you use it. From what I've heard.

Leave a comment:

• Graphicnatured
    replied
    Pardon me if this has been brought up in a different thread, but I read earlier here that some of you were talking about dominant eyes. I just picked up an Ursa Mini Pro and am happy the EVF extends since I'm left-eye dominant. The problem for me is I've always shot with cams on my left shoulder, handle held with left hand. I feel totally weak trying to wield this camera on my right shoulder, like I won't last more than twenty minutes. Any hope for someone like me? I have both the EVF, obviously, and the BM shoulder kit, but looks like it only goes on the right shoulder.

Leave a comment:

• Taikonaut
    replied
    Originally posted by yoclay View Post
    If the magenta is uniform, it's not really an issue. Can be corrected easily in post. It's when it's uneven that the trouble starts. So a slider is helpful, but not an absolutely necessity unless you are handing off immediately to broadcast.
    Yes I know that, I had to explain the same thing to another poster the other day to differentiate between a magenta cast and uneven magenta corners.

My posting was about the green tint on the Video Assist because I'm aware of plans a tint slider might be included in a FW update on the Ursa Mini just to help the display not fixing the uneven magenta, but to me this would much more useful on the VA.

Leave a comment:

• yoclay
    replied
    Originally posted by Taikonaut View Post
    I heard BMD in future FW might be including a slider so you can custom change the tint on the display. I hope we can also see that feature on the Video Assist which has a green tint that is a lot worse than the screen on the Mini 4.6k.
    If the magenta is uniform, it's not really an issue. Can be corrected easily in post. It's when it's uneven that the trouble starts. So a slider is helpful, but not an absolutely necessity unless you are handing off immediately to broadcast.

Leave a comment:

• Taikonaut
    replied
    I heard BMD in future FW might be including a slider so you can custom change the tint on the display. I hope we can also see that feature on the Video Assist which has a green tint that is a lot worse than the screen on the Mini 4.6k.

Leave a comment:

• montgomerysutton
    replied
    Definitely scared of the Magenta issue - got mine in while working out of the country, was nearly 25 days after shipping that I was able to open it (You can check out a cheeky unboxing on our YouTube channel if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4P2tVYZa6k ). Gonna test it as much as possible in case it's a messed up unit, but terrified I won't be able to get the evidence together in time for a return if it is an issue.

That (very important and scary) issue aside, I must say: the design and form factor on the camera are top notch. It's significantly bigger than our Scarlet, but also a fraction of the weight and lovely to hold, and it's nice to not have to build and dismantle every time I take it out or return it to its case!

Will share more impressions and thoughts once I get to shoot more with it and take things into DaVinci-

Leave a comment:

• Silbaca
    replied
    Originally posted by BenMeredithFilms View Post
    This is strange. Perhaps JB could shed some light on this issue and as to whether or not this was present during the beta testing. I'll still be getting the 4.6k, although I'll be hoping I get a good unit and can exchange it in case the magenta turns out to be too difficult to deal with.

Leave a comment:

• BenMeredithFilms
    replied
    This scares me https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/v...46112&start=50

Leave a comment:

• Mark Crabtree
    replied
    It's hard to trust your brain that everything's fine when your eyes are telling you you're crashing and burning.

Leave a comment:

• John Brawley
    replied
    Originally posted by Pultzar2 View Post
    Are they adding the false color feature to the flipout screen?
    I hope they do.

JB

Leave a comment:

• Pultzar2
    replied
    Are they adding the false color feature to the flipout screen?

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Hamblin
    replied
    Originally posted by John Brawley View Post
    So let the highlights clip more, use 95% or 100% zebras to tell you when they actually are. For a long time I kept thinking the zebras weren't working...there's a lot there....:-)

JB
    so hard to get used to, but true

Leave a comment:

Working...
X