No announcement yet.

Brief thoughts and a bit of footage from the URSA Mini 4.6K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• was there today. this was reportedly near-production firmware and improved over the beta releases. no question in my mind that the 4.6k holds a lot of promise, and truthfully, exceeded my cautiously optimistic expectations. the DR is magnificent. ISO 1600 is clean. skin tones looked great. grades easily. and stripped down it's nicely balanced and light (but not too light) for handheld. it's still astonishing what this can do for the same amount of money I bought an AF100 for 4 years ago.
    Last edited by Zak Forsman; 01-15-2016, 06:03 PM.
    DOWN AND DANGEROUS :: A smuggler bleeds like anyone else. He just gets more chances to prove it.
    THE SABI COMPANY :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: IMDB :: VIMEO

Comment

• Originally posted by LochnessDigital View Post
      I don't know why giving me the definition of the word "equal" is of relevance here. JB never used that word.

He said "Like" and I said "Equal" that they are interpreted the "Same". I posted the dictionary confirming this so it is you who failed to get it still. The problem is when making such statement you had to clearly clarify what you are saying, but whats been said left it with ambigouity even though it may not be intended.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taikonaut View Post
        He said "Like" and I said "Equal" that they are interpreted the "Same".
        Maybe english isn't your first language (no offence if it isn't), but no they are not. Here's another dictionary definition for you.

corresponding or agreeing in general or in some noticeable respect; similar; analogous:
        drawing, painting, and like arts.

adverb
        nearly; closely; approximately

In a comparison like = similar, but NOT the same. Definitely not equal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zak Forsman View Post
          was there today. this was reportedly near-production firmware and improved over the beta releases.
          Did they have just this one camera? Or was this one of several that they've received?
          vimeo.com/kenfranks

Comment

• There were at least two there. But they weren't hot rod's, unless I'm mistaken. They were brought in for this.
            DOWN AND DANGEROUS :: A smuggler bleeds like anyone else. He just gets more chances to prove it.
            THE SABI COMPANY :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: IMDB :: VIMEO

Comment

• Originally posted by Taikonaut View Post
              He said "Like" and I said "Equal" that they are interpreted the "Same". I posted the dictionary confirming this so it is you who failed to get it still. The problem is when making such statement you had to clearly clarify what you are saying, but whats been said left it with ambigouity even though it may not be intended.
              As a writer of a few published books and a few other things, your interpretation is completely wrong.
              You can read this if you need a grammar lesson.
              http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/edu...like-versus-as

Comment

• Now this may be the tequila talking but who are you people that question Brawley, Kholi, and the Motley crew video that have any problem with what they are saying and what you are seeing? All that should matter is getting your hands on it.
                Last edited by mico; 01-15-2016, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• Quick, everyone post pics of their wieners!

First dick to get over 15 stops wins!!!!

Comment

• HotRodCameras tweet sort of implies production line is sort of running maybe ?
                    Dan Kanes
                    www.dankanes.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Zak Forsman View Post
                      was there today. this was reportedly near-production firmware and improved over the beta releases. no question in my mind that the 4.6k holds a lot of promise, and truthfully, exceeded my cautiously optimistic expectations. the DR is magnificent. ISO 1600 is clean. skin tones looked great. grades easily. and stripped down it's nicely balanced and light (but not too light) for handheld. it's still astonishing what this can do for the same amount of money I bought an AF100 for 4 years ago.
                      Same with the price for my Nex-FS100.

Did you see, if the Global Shutter is enabled now?
                      Christian Haake / cinematographer / Austria / www.christianhaake.net / Reel: https://vimeo.com/208444259

Comment

• Originally posted by DanKanes View Post
                        HotRodCameras tweet sort of implies production line is sort of running maybe ?
                        Yea I read it that way as well. It says first production model in the US at hotrod cameras(paraphrasing). Which could imply shipping next week or after begins. Hopefully

Comment

• Unfortunately not yet
                          Attached Files

Comment

• ��
                            Christian Haake / cinematographer / Austria / www.christianhaake.net / Reel: https://vimeo.com/208444259

Comment

• I had a dream last night that the delay was caused because BMD was making the camera weather proof lol. Craziness.
                              Darren Scott
                              Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Comment

• Originally posted by jambredz View Post
                                I had a dream last night that the delay was caused because BMD was making the camera weather proof lol. Craziness.
                                really? hate to tell you what I dream about...

Comment

Working...
                                X