frames from modern day nativity story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frames from modern day nativity story

I want to apologize ahead of time for any incoherent - this guy should be in bed and not on the internet - ramblings. I just wrapped a modern day nativity short film based out of Atlanta. Early on I was able to convince the director to shoot on blackmagics so we chose the original BMCC, pockets and a micro cinema and paired them with veydra's for all but 2 specialty shots. (The director owns GH4s and originally wanted us to shoot on those). As always the blackmagics cameras sang. But I'm just preaching to the choir.

The biggest obstacle for me though was pushing these cameras hard at night on an empty road that did not actually have any natural source of light. We tried to get a space light but there's a short but boring story that resulted in us not getting one, finding out the day of that scene and rigging our own.

I do not know if this piece will every make it to online distribution, as the actual film will be presented to an audience accompanied by a live orchestra. Which adds a completely different dynamic then the average project I get to step on. Anyways. Enjoy. Devour. pick a part. whatever. This cat is going to bed. scratch.00_05_51_18.Still008.jpgscratch.00_12_55_19.Still004.jpgscratch.00_14_49_22.Still010.jpg

Very cool! Would love to see the short if it made it to the interwebs! Love the last frame.

Comment

Originally posted by ty_lowcountry View Post
      Very cool! Would love to see the short if it made it to the interwebs! Love the last frame.
      I'll definitely post it if it ever does. The last frame is my personal favorite as well. But that actor is very photogenic and his entire sequence looks amazing.

Comment

Can you record the live orchestra and then add that to a version posted to the web?

Comment

They may already be planning that but I'm so far removed from that portion that I'm only guessing. I'm going to travel and watch it live with the audience but if I record it, it willl end up looking like one of those bad camera bootleg films

Comment

I meant to do a quality recording of the audio only, not a video, so you can have that enhanced version on the web version. Enjoy that live performance!
            Last edited by rick.lang; 10-17-2016, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Ahh I see what you're saying. I'll pass that along to the producers in case they haven't gotten that far yet!

Comment

SO the film is premiering this upcoming weekend and it looks like they've figured out a way to record all of the audio and re-mix it for online distribution. Since we all know live audio and broadcast audio are two different beasts. For any interested parties here's a link to the trailer on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/fbcsnell/vi...type=2&theater

Not sure why they chose not to publish it anywhere else and unfortunately it aired with a working grade and not the final version.

Comment

Working...
                X