No announcement yet.

Anyone else having UM4.6K noise issues? Here are some of my stills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have also 1 dust particle under the sensor glass it seems, and 1 bad XLR port. Sometimes my cable gets stuck, tried a bunch of different cables but it randomly gets stuck and I hardly can get it out. I should RMA this unit but I'm in the middle of a project. RMA a unit takes ages now right?

But back ontopic!
    Hope someone could confirm if this is normal behavior or not.

Comment

Here's a comparison between FW 3.2 and 3.3. Pretty different results if you ask me, 3.3 looks better. Tested it after 5min after boot up.

I also see some vertical lines but it obviously need some light. Though I'm curious if other units are cleaner.

http://imgur.com/a/ItaDb

Comment

Interesting. Unfortunately I am already on 3.3.

Comment

@Unknown, yes if you think you have an issue contact support and they can assist. Although 3.3 seems to have improved your situation?
          Blackmagic Design
          My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Comment

I actually have been having the same issue. I had it sent back and Blackmagic re-calibrated the sensor. They notes on the repair said they detected an elevated blue channel, and now it's within reasonable limits of fixed pattern noise.

It did help, but only at ISO400. Seems like it's actually quite usable at ISO400, however at 800 & 1600 I have a blue tint in the fixed noise pattern still.
            You're not the only one!

Comment

blue FPN.jpg

Hook, does this look to be a similar blue FPN issue? I have never seen this with my camera before. This is the untouched exposure straight from the prores with BMDFilm
              Reel: www.ryanhamblin.com
              Company site: www.brainstem.tv

Comment

It seems the forum is compressing the frame here is the original

Comment

Hard to tell but looks okay. If you're not sure, shoot a test but if you haven't had an issue before you should be fine.
                  Blackmagic Design
                  My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Comment

How should I ideally devise the test? Again I have been mostly getting stunning results from the camera but this is the first Low Key thing I have shot with a flicker box for a theater scene.

Comment

I am having serious noise issues as well after upgrading to 3.3. Reference still attached....

Screen Shot 2016-07-18 at 2.11.03 PM.jpg
                      Attached Files
                      Kyle Osburn
                      director + cinematographer
                      kyleosburn.com
                      @kyleoz

Comment

That's a scaling issue in the viewer. It likely isn't there in the DNGs or the exported timeline. If it is you'll get much more constructive feedback by providing a DNG or exported frame.

Comment

Working...
                        X