Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Trip To Italy - BMPCC & Olympus 17mm f1.8

Ciao!

My wife and I came back from a two week trip to Italy just two days ago. I had been planning for quite some time to take the trouble of bringing most of my camera equipment to be able to shoot some panoramas of the Tuscan countryside. We were a bit unfortunate with the weather over the course of the trip, but we did get some really amazing days.

I tried my best to capture what I felt it looked like. Of course it's heavily edited, but my memory of the places are not too far from what the video shows (though the real deal can never truly be "captured").

Hope you like it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siqjQ2Stji4

Camera: Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera
    Lens: Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm f1.8
    Filters: Hoya UV+IR Cut & ND filters
    Format: RAW
    Editing and color: Davinci Resolve

Music by Keith Kenniff.
    Last edited by tommetass; 06-24-2016, 12:19 AM.

blocked in my country due to music
    My Youtube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/jsfilmz

Comment

Originally posted by jsfilmz View Post
      blocked in my country due to music
      Made a new version now. (edited the first post as well)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siqjQ2Stji4
      Last edited by tommetass; 06-24-2016, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Great, great shots.

What a beautiful place.
        Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
        Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
        Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

where did you stay at cinque terra was public transportation horrible? Ive been wanting to go
          My Youtube Channel
          https://www.youtube.com/jsfilmz

Comment

Originally posted by DPStewart View Post
            Great, great shots.

What a beautiful place.
            Thank you

Originally posted by jsfilmz View Post
            where did you stay at cinque terra was public transportation horrible? Ive been wanting to go
            We stayed in Monterosso Al Mare. We got there by train from La Specia Centrale, which runs quite often. Within Cinque Terre the regional train also goes pretty often (it's the same train that goes back to La Spezia).

Monterosso is the most "touristified" place, but it was an OK place to live, a bit more hotels and acommodations I believe, and it's a nice place to start the hiking trips downwards to Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola and Riomaggiore.

Comment

Those seaside mountains!! Very nice. What tripod did you use? Taking a trip myself and need something light.

Comment

Originally posted by vonner View Post
                Those seaside mountains!! Very nice. What tripod did you use? Taking a trip myself and need something light.
                Thank you

I actually brought a semi-large tripod, at least for traveling, it's called Fotomate VT-6006 (cheap, but sturdy, and works like hell).

fotomate.jpg

Comment

What a beautiful place! And wonderful footage. It astounds me at how much parts of California look like areas in Italy.
                  -Tim Crowe
                  Instagram: www.instagram.com/crowedunk
                  Vimeo: www.vimeo.com/timcrowe

Comment

Originally posted by Glornis View Post
                    What a beautiful place! And wonderful footage. It astounds me at how much parts of California look like areas in Italy.
                    Thank you! Appreciate it!

Then I should go to California as well!

Comment

Originally posted by tommetass View Post
                      Thank you! Appreciate it!

Then I should go to California as well!
                      Yes, indeed! If you travel to California, I would recommend seeing the natural wonders before anything else. It has many of the terrains, topographies, and geological wonders that you would see in many other parts of the world. Yosemite National Park, for example, is a place of awe-inspiring beauty.
                      -Tim Crowe

Comment

Yosemite! I really want to go there! I seriously didn't know it was in California... :P Shame on me!

Comment

It's incredible! Yosemite is always one of those places that you see in photos and videos... But you realize that when you arrive at what they call the "Tunnel View", photos and videos cannot, at all, capture the stop-you-in-your-tracks beauty and scale of everything there. If you do go, I would also recommend the Autumn or Late-Winter for a time to go, as it gets inundated with visitors in the Summer.
                          -Tim Crowe

Comment

Working...
                          X