X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• misterkofa
    replied
    Originally posted by Abstrak View Post
    That was awesome man thanks for sharing! Good piece all around, music and the visual production. Once you get that 2.5x slow motion with the Micro you're going to be golden. The Pocket and Micro are extremely powerful in the right hands.
    Thanks bruv.

Originally posted by nicolas View Post
    Very cool work, Kofa.
    Thanks Nicolas. Your work is amazing sir. Keep pushing.

Leave a comment:

• nicolas
    replied
    Very cool work, Kofa.

Leave a comment:

• faceicu
    replied
    Love the intro; great work.

How many cards did you use in the field to record raw?

Leave a comment:

• Abstrak
    replied
    That was awesome man thanks for sharing! Good piece all around, music and the visual production. Once you get that 2.5x slow motion with the Micro you're going to be golden. The Pocket and Micro are extremely powerful in the right hands.

Leave a comment:

• misterkofa
    replied
    Originally posted by R.L. Scott View Post
    Absolutely Beautiful work Kofa Amazing skin tones and fantastically cinematic. I super curious as to what in camera settings you used for the storytelling portions of the video especially... it looks like a feature film.
    90% was shot at 23.98, 180 shutter. Some at 30p, 180 shutter to slow down a bit. Always RAW.

Leave a comment:

• R.L. Scott
    replied
    Absolutely Beautiful work Kofa Amazing skin tones and fantastically cinematic. I super curious as to what in camera settings you used for the storytelling portions of the video especially... it looks like a feature film.

Leave a comment:

• misterkofa
    replied
    Originally posted by jambredz View Post
    Yup I shot alot of handheld for years then found myself using it as a crutch for me being lazy. Then i started to make a conscious effort to start doing more classical cinematography when I could to instill some discipline. I love locked off shots now and wide locked off shots with great nice framing. I love "no country for old men" for the same reason. But i just purchased atlas camera support lol so I'm sure some more handheld work is gonna get done

Did you shoot on a steady cam/glide cam or shoulder rig ( or both)?
    All of the above + monopod and glidetrack. Steadycam for the walking/running shots & some B Roll (sky stuff mostly). I purposely wanted the female singer's shots more delicate so I had either the steady or monopod for those. The rapper's shots are more sporadic so those were mostly just the pocket and cage with sigma 18-35 so we could move around freely.

I have a shoulder rig which I used for most of the cop scenes and a few at the house location, but once my gimbal arrives it may never leave the house, lol.

My shooting style is fast, very fast. The actors love it but it can be a gift and a curse at times. I hate long setups and lolly-gaggin around. I swap between the sigma and my nikkor 50 1.2 religiously. I have 2 BMCCs but I hate using them. That micro can't come soon enough.

Leave a comment:

• jambredz
    replied
    Originally posted by misterkofa View Post
    Thanks bruv, and I agree 100%. Sometimes I can get away with it (when my hands are steady) but some shots were a little choppier than I would have liked. I'm actually moving away from handheld towards more controlled camera movements. Found a new appreciation for the locked down tripod shot. When used well, one of the best filmmaking tools you can utilize. Also looking forward to getting my hands on a micro when it eventually hits the shelves. I shot some stuff with Vic's URSA ( I know weight is a factor as well) and really looking forward to the benefits of a global shutter.
    Yup I shot alot of handheld for years then found myself using it as a crutch for me being lazy. Then i started to make a conscious effort to start doing more classical cinematography when I could to instill some discipline. I love locked off shots now and wide locked off shots with great nice framing. I love "no country for old men" for the same reason. But i just purchased atlas camera support lol so I'm sure some more handheld work is gonna get done

Did you shoot on a steady cam/glide cam or shoulder rig ( or both)?

Leave a comment:

• misterkofa
    replied
    Originally posted by jambredz View Post
    Nice video man. Really liked the grading the story and the two females (singer and female lead). I liked the lighting on the female singer. Story was well put together. Things I didn't like were the blue flares only because people used to overuse that like crazy in the magic bullet days. And also some of the camera moves...it was like handheld but on a steady cam ( i could be wrong). It felt uncomfortable to me. I like either handheld (with a shoulderig) or steady cam (smooth flying motion), but that's a personal thing. Very nice Job all round though.
    Thanks bruv, and I agree 100%. Sometimes I can get away with it (when my hands are steady) but some shots were a little choppier than I would have liked. I'm actually moving away from handheld towards more controlled camera movements. Found a new appreciation for the locked down tripod shot. When used well, one of the best filmmaking tools you can utilize. Also looking forward to getting my hands on a micro when it eventually hits the shelves. I shot some stuff with Vic's URSA ( I know weight is a factor as well) and really looking forward to the benefits of a global shutter.

Leave a comment:

• jambredz
    replied
    Nice video man. Really liked the grading the story and the two females (singer and female lead). I liked the lighting on the female singer. Story was well put together. Things I didn't like were the blue flares only because people used to overuse that like crazy in the magic bullet days. And also some of the camera moves...it was like handheld but on a steady cam ( i could be wrong). It felt uncomfortable to me. I like either handheld (with a shoulderig) or steady cam (smooth flying motion), but that's a personal thing. Very nice Job all round though.

Leave a comment:

• misterkofa
    replied
    Originally posted by froess View Post
    Really like the intro, great stuff and solid work.

Congrats!
    Thanks. It was a lot of fun.

Leave a comment:

• froess
    replied
    Really like the intro, great stuff and solid work.

Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• misterkofa
    replied
    Originally posted by Gary Huff View Post
    Good job there, Kofa.
    appreciate it Gary.

Originally posted by Hugovandijke View Post
    I like everything about this, Kofa. Great stuff! Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks bruv.

Originally posted by robbing View Post
    dude,you can make a 1000€ camera looks like 10.000€. Awesome!
    Perhaps some windows are too much overexposed.

But,make sense those blue flares? The overexposed and flares making poor to me. Ruin a little bit the entire production.
    Good job in any case
    I agree, but the look was to make the artists stand out a bit more. Flares have actually been toned down.

Originally posted by rick.lang View Post
    Kofa, that was a dramatic piece masquerading as a music video. Very strong on story, almost makes you believe the story came first and the singing second, which is fine when it's the message that counts whether told in song or dramatic action.
    Thanks Rick. I'm actually considering cutting another version of this focusing only on the story.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Huff
    replied
    Good job there, Kofa.

Leave a comment:

• Hugovandijke
    replied
    I like everything about this, Kofa. Great stuff! Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X