Pretty amazing low light martial arts scene , shot on the 4k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty amazing low light martial arts scene , shot on the 4k

Pretty amazing martial arts scene, shot on the 4k.
    They used only three el-cheapo Yongnuo LED lights.

Blog: http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

As long as you don't try to raise the exposure too much in post, I find the 4k holds up well in low light.
    I don't own the 4k myself, but we shot a night/street scene a little while ago and our light panel had some issues so we shot with just the 4k at 400 iso and some reflectors and it turned out really nice.
    Haavard Helle

Comment

cool!!

Comment

Very nice. Would have liked some dialog from the fellow who appears to be the lead, but I guess he's the strong, silent type. Well done.

Comment

This is pretty great do you know if they have any behind the scenes stuff online ? I always tell people the 4K is not as bad as they think with minimal lighting.

Comment

I actually found many areas very noisy. Just me? I wasn't looking for it but all the noise drew my attention many times and it wasn't good noise. Eh

Comment

Yeap, a lot of noise, looks really ugly, at least on my screen (retina mbp), it's very evident on their skins.

Comment

The noise in that video looks 100% to be fake film grain added on top (and looks like algorithmic film grain from After Effects or something). It doesn't look like noise I've ever seen come from the BMPC 4K and it doesn't look like it's part of the image at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Abrams View Post
                  The noise in that video looks 100% to be fake film grain added on top (and looks like algorithmic film grain from After Effects or something). It doesn't look like noise I've ever seen come from the BMPC 4K and it doesn't look like it's part of the image at all.
                  I agree.

The animation at the beginning a very similar grain effect applied.
                  Aaron Lochert

Comment

Really nice work man this over examining film for noise is ridiculous i did not notice it until it was mentioned and even then i forgot. Noise let me tell you about noise taxi driver but who cares as long story is good or maybe shoot on IMAX and then you wont get any noise oh wait you will

Comment

Originally posted by johnny001 View Post
                      Really nice work man this over examining film for noise is ridiculous i did not notice it until it was mentioned and even then i forgot. Noise let me tell you about noise taxi driver but who cares as long story is good or maybe shoot on IMAX and then you wont get any noise oh wait you will
                      This and Taxi Driver are two completely different things.

Comment

Originally posted by johnny001 View Post
                        Normally I'd agree and think most people here are nitpicky to death on peculiar things (more of an Online Specialty Forum thing, not really localized to just here), but the added "Film grain" is detracting. The footage underneath looks good for the most part, but the sharp noise that doesn't fit pulls you out of it.

Comment

Its clear though that they have some fake grain on it and it doesn't look good. However apart from that everything else was great to me and the global shutter was great for this. The fake ass film grain didn't detract from the positives for me.
                          Last edited by jambredz; 03-24-2015, 12:33 AM.
                          Darren Scott
                          Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Comment

Working...
                          X