X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Huff
    replied
    Originally posted by JFarre View Post
    Nice music video btw. I like the lightning, and the light props.
    Thanks, JFarre.

Leave a comment:

• JFarre
    replied
    U_U

Nice music video btw. I like the lightning, and the light props.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Huff
    replied
    Originally posted by JFarre View Post
    The panning looks, for me, a bit trembling, or shaky, maybe it is possible for the IS on the lens?
    I was shooting with primes that had no IS. It's due to the shoddy slider I had at the time, which I have long since replaced because of issues like this.

Leave a comment:

• JFarre
    replied
    Were you shooting with a telephoto?

The panning looks, for me, a bit trembling, or shaky, maybe it is possible for the IS on the lens?

Leave a comment:

• faceicu
    replied
    So C100 no black magic ?

BLACKMAGIC CAMERA/ Footage / Frames "Peace' Music Video

Leave a comment:

• kevin baggott
    replied
    Well in those bedside manners I would certainly think there's a place for when giving feedback - no know the difference between - leveling with someone and trying to level them.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Huff
    replied
    Originally posted by misterkofa View Post
    Solid work, as usual Mr. Huff. Now if we can work on those bedside manners, lol.
    If I had to pick between poor beside manners and going absolutely nutzoid every time someone doesn't praise everything I do, I think I'll take the former!

Leave a comment:

• misterkofa
    replied
    Solid work, as usual Mr. Huff. Now if we can work on those bedside manners, lol.

Leave a comment:

• kevin baggott
    replied
    Yer wrong UTR! This man is a genius! You ask him - he'll tell ya!

Leave a comment:

• UTR-Labs
    replied
    Originally posted by kevin baggott View Post
    I can't get yer work out of my head! Where can a fella see more? Do you have a link to any narrative stuff - I bet you really slay that kind of material?
    Like any cool horror stuff Gary?
    Kevin, you're nothing but a troublemaker and should be banned - for beating me to this!

All kidding aside, this video felt a little confining to me: I watched it once all the way through and then scrubbed through it a second time and couldn't find anything wider than a tight 2-shot. Considering there is camera movement in every shot made all these tight shots feel disorienting. Would have liked to see a locked-down medium wide shot once in a while to help ground the scene.

Also, many dolly shots (slider?) had panning in them too, and often had some out-of-focus object in the foreground passing back and forth through the frame in the same shot. Parallax is very effective, but when the blurred foreground object moves back and forth (changes direction) in the frame in a single shot it can be a little disorienting.

Leave a comment:

• kevin baggott
    replied
    I can't get yer work out of my head! Where can a fella see more? Do you have a link to any narrative stuff - I bet you really slay that kind of material?
    Like any cool horror stuff Gary?

Leave a comment:

• Gary Huff
    replied
    I rarely ever use the internal files. 95% of the time I'm shooting out to ProRes HQ, and I haven't had any issues grading that, and especially with C-log. Given that shooting out to a recorder means I get 8-bit dithered to 10 4:2:2 and then around 170Mbps at 1080, I would think that it would be even more robust than the C300s internal MPEG-2 4:2:2 at 50Mbps.

Leave a comment:

• Tom
    replied
    Originally posted by Gary Huff View Post
    Hey Tom, this was shot on the original C100.
    How did you find grading it?

I have graded quite a bit of c300 stuff but not much c100.

Also - Its probably worth mentioning that this was shot on a c100 in the title - as the footage section of the website is usually dedicated to footage from the Blackmagic cams.
    Last edited by Tom; 09-08-2015, 06:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Huff
    replied
    Originally posted by Tom View Post
    What camera was this shot on?
    Hey Tom, this was shot on the original C100.

Leave a comment:

• Tom
    replied
    What camera was this shot on?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X