Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

In case there is still time, anything having to do with stereoscopic 3D shooting, such as synching of two cameras (i.e. having one lock ISO/Shutter/etc and drive the other, besides "synch lock", of course), would make it more appealing to me. I already wish they had designed it with the lens as close to one side as possible instead of in the middle of the camera as to use two together side-by-side for 3D, etc.

But yeah, IS support on Canon EF is desirable.

As is ANY other frame rates that can be supported. I.e. no shame on supporting something like 34fps if that's the most the camera can do. I just never understood why it must be only "standard" frame rates that are supported when both, there are so many "standard" frame rates (23.9,24,25,29.7,50,59.7) and so many that are not even standard (30,48,60). A well designed firmware/hardware, specially in a "RAW" camera, should allow for just about ANY frame rate from say 1fps to say 32fps. Your choice. Something is better than nothing.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by PeterJackon View Post
    As is ANY other frame rates that can be supported. I.e. no shame on supporting something like 34fps is that's the most the camera can do. I just never understood why it must be only "standard" frame rates that are supported when both, there are so many "standard" frame rates (23.9,24,25,29.7,59.7) and so many that are not even standard (30,48,50,60). A well designed firmware/hardware, specially in a "RAW" camera, should allow for just about ANY frame rate from say 1fps to say 32fps. Your choice. Something is better than nothing.
    User adjustable frame rates would indeed be nice, even just within the current limit of 30fps. I'm happy they have 30fps for 120% slow-motion, however, as this is a good ballpark speed for having a moderate slow-motion characteristic in music video performances. Performing at speeds like 150% or higher is often difficult.

3. Collapse Details

1-30fps would be nice for timelapses
    2.5K RAW timelapses...nice.

4. Collapse Details

I would love to be able to adjust the picture profile in camera please

5. Collapse Details

Senior Member Peter J. DeCrescenzo's Avatar
    @Bruce Allen

Hi Bruce: If you're still updating the 1st post in this thread, I just noticed that "timecode" is not listed with the connotation that I think most people would benefit from:

A timecode generator within the BMCC itself and recorded to each clip. Ideally user-settable, such as TC preset, UB preset, TC run, TC make, UB time rec.

Timecode generation is a feature of all "professional" video camcorders, but to the best of my knowledge it's not a BMCC feature (yet).
    Last edited by Peter J. DeCrescenzo; 05-05-2012 at 08:43 PM.

6. Collapse Details

I just want to repeat ... IS and autofocus for canon lenses.

If we don't have IS, it will be hard to do hand held.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Wake View Post
    I already mentioned two: Rode NTG-2, Audio Tecnica AT897. And a third is mentioned above. These are all shotguns with balanced output and popular with videographers. There are also many battery powered condenser lavs with balanced output.

None are high end, but if you're relying on in-camera pre-amps I assume you're not expecting super clean sound. Sound Devices MixPre-D with AES3 feed should be a big step up in quality. Phantom, meters, knobs, swithchable monitoring, excellent pre-amps and limiters, etc.
    I think it will be easy to use a basic 9v powered pre amp to power a good Sennheiser 416 or schoepps shotgun mic, then just use a solid XLR-TRS 1/4 adapter to go into the camera and make good use of the robust 24bit/48k audio it offers.

8. Collapse Details
    Audio
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Wake View Post
    I already mentioned two: Rode NTG-2, Audio Tecnica AT897. And a third is mentioned above. These are all shotguns with balanced output and popular with videographers. There are also many battery powered condenser lavs with balanced output.

None are high end, but if you're relying on in-camera pre-amps I assume you're not expecting super clean sound. Sound Devices MixPre-D with AES3 feed should be a big step up in quality. Phantom, meters, knobs, swithchable monitoring, excellent pre-amps and limiters, etc.
    I think it will be easy to use a basic 9v powered pre amp to power a good Sennheiser 416 or schoepps shotgun mic, then just use a solid XLR-TRS 1/4 adapter to go into the camera and make good use of the robust 24bit/48k audio it offers.

9. Collapse Details

A vertical Image Flip option (for shooting with 35mm adapters, and any other unique shots where a flipped vertical could come in handy) would be great.

Until interchangeable lens mounts have a more obvious option (MFT/E-mount), 35mm adapters should provide a reasonable alternative - and with an image flip option you don't need the additional size, weight and ergonomic awkwardness that comes from the flip modules.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Justyn View Post
    M 4/3 mount for sure!!!!
    Same here. I don't want to give up my manual Nikon legacy lenses