Thread: "Shooting wide on a BMCC" (Marco Solorio)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 "Shooting wide on a BMCC" (Marco Solorio) 

No Tokina seems like an oversight.

He says himself he rarely goes over 24mm on his 5D which is roughly the same as 11mm on the BMC so the Tokina is perfect for that.

The Sigma at 8mm looks rad-wide

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Pears View Post
    The Sigma at 8mm looks rad-wide
    You think? I was suprised (did not think it would be THAT much of a fisheye look as on the Cannon 8-15mm.) But I don't know all that much either. Great comparisons to the 7d and 5ds.

Taking a Vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve4505 View Post
    You think? I was suprised (did not think it would be THAT much of a fisheye look as on the Cannon 8-15mm.) But I don't know all that much either. Great comparisons to the 7d and 5ds.
    The sigma looked pretty striaght to me, sometimes I wish when testing a wide they didn't always shot a whole room or a building but use it for something closer to the cam preferably human.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwangjuboy View Post
    The sigma looked pretty striaght to me, sometimes I wish when testing a wide they didn't always shot a whole room or a building but use it for something closer to the cam preferably human.
    why?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    why?
    Distortion!
    Jorge De Silva - Photography & Filmmaking
    Personal Quote: "We should always learn from others! Life always teaches us something! Sharing is the key!"
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1843499/

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge De Silva View Post
    Distortion!
    That's what I thought, not really a good idea though. He says he'd rather have a WA lens tested by shooting really close to a human rather than shooting a building or something where you can much better see lens distortion.

All I'm saying is sticking a WA lens in someone's face will show perspective distortion. It won't really give you a good idea of what type of lens distortion your have. Shooting a brick wall or chart will. Perspective distortion has little to do with the actual distortion of the lens and everything to do with proximity to the subject. Too many people seem afraid that just because you use a WA lens that when you shoot people with it they will look weird.

I don't shoot portraits with wide lens :P not a big deal for me, gonna use the wide lens only for landscape, city, and some different angles. the rest... the 24mm will do the work. And remember, because of the crop factor, you will be using the center part of the lens. less problems, either sharpening, vigneting,distortion,etc...
    Jorge De Silva - Photography & Filmmaking
    Personal Quote: "We should always learn from others! Life always teaches us something! Sharing is the key!"
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1843499/

Canon give really a wide impression , could be what you need, especially in small place...

Not sure how much confident i should put in this picture comparaison but the canon seem the sharpest with good contrast. I know quality of the picture will suffer but im wondering how much success you will get with a post production lens correction on case you want?

Anyone could comment on the qulity of the canon?