Thread: Seriously ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 4saken View Post
    I'll be taking my BMPCC to three music festivals in Germany this summer. Already looking forward to capturing some amazing footage
    Good on you.

Here's my favourite music festival video that I've come across:

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    absolutely ridiculous comment from red-user

by Robert Ruffo New, he says

( In terms of image quality, BM cameras are a step backward in every way except that they're cheaper. The best BM camera delivers clearly inferior results to an MX Red One from 4 years ago. That's not innovation, it's just price cutting and standards lowering to get to a low price. Chinese knock-off manufacturers have been doing that for years, and no one calls what they do bleeding edge tech. )

That forum is becoming ridiculous by the day. My question is how long can they continue with that culture and survive as a company. oh and by the way, every page you read on reduser, has the word alexa somewhere. im serious, this is not a joke, there is at least one alexa word in every page at reduser. arri must be happy, reduser is promoting their camera. absolutely atrocious culture. very non professional. every time they talk about alexa, alexa, alexa this, alexa that.
    Rob can be very blunt. I don't always agree with his opinions, but there are times that even in his bluntness he makes some valid points. But to categorize the whole forum as ridiculous is a bit extreme as there are some good people over there. I find posts by Phil Holland very thorough and full of useful information. Nick Morrison is passionate about lenses and has tons of info on the topic. David Mullen is a walking encyclopedia of cinematography knowledge. Mike Most and Michael Philips are post professionals that are able to bring their wealth of experience on the subject. There are many others as well.

Now, there is also a lot of "noise". Yes, there are fanboys on there, just like any other forum dedicated to a particular topic people are passionate about. But there are a lot of people on there who have balanced viewpoints as well. I would like to think I'm in that category. Just because I have a Red camera doesn't mean that's the only camera I use. I keep an open mind on all of this. Despite my frustrations with the Pocket, I'm still holding on to it and still using it while I wait to see what BMD does over the next few months.

I see crazy statements on Reduser, BMCuser, CML, and just about every other forum too. I see personal attacks on all of these forums. I've never been a fan of that type of thing. It's too easy to spout off on a forum when you don't have to face the person. When I organized the Reduser events at NAB for a few years, that was one of my main goals, to get people in a room face to face away from the comfort zone of a forum. I try to have a policy that I will not say anything online that I wouldn't say in person. So, getting back to Rob Ruffo, I believe he would probably say most of the stuff he posts to people in person as well. Again, he can have a blunt style which may or may not sit well with people, but at least you know where he stands on things. There's usually no lack of conviction there. :-)

Forum bashing doesn't really serve anyone...
    www.bmcuser.com
    A Landmine Media "User" Community
    The online resource for the Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera

I took my BMCC out for some random shooting on the south coast, whilst visiting family, and I bumped into another owner. It was surprising as it never happens (usually it's curious looks from people who have no idea). I like owning a camera, that has a specific characteristic, where the film world isn't saturated with it, like with Canon. He was a RED owner as well and sees the camera in the same way I do.

I have had my BMPC for exactly one week. I am completely blown away by what I'm seeing. During my long wait I thought many times about getting a 5DmkIII or a C100. I can not be more happy I waited! I don't really care about the opinions of my peers. I worry about my opinions and that of my clients.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Ramsey View Post
    Forum bashing doesn't really serve anyone...
    Especially when this forum is owned and started by RED.

I use both BMCC and Reds, they are both great. Different tools depending on the job.
    We are using the BMCC for low budget commercials and a TV show. And used the Red One (yes the One) for a movie we just finished, shoot in 4K.
    We are in pre-production for a $3MM action movie the will be shoot with the Epic. For that budget the economies of a $2K or a $17.5K camera (body only) represent a low percentage of total budget. It makes no sense to save on the camera.

And yes, the reduser.net has always been very aggressive, defensive and if you may proud.

Quote Originally Posted by dustylense View Post
    That's misrepresenting the truth slightly. Jarred Land owns this, DVXUser and REDuser, but that doesn't mean it's owned by RED—Despite Jarred's role within RED.

Quote Originally Posted by dustylense View Post
    No. This forum is owned and started by Landmine Media, Inc. Which is owned by Jarred, and myself.

That's like saying Sony opened and funded a website devoted to talking about RED cameras. Does not compute...
    www.bmcuser.com
    A Landmine Media "User" Community
    The online resource for the Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera

If those things bother you.. there is an easy way to stop it... don't go there and read it. I have not been to that site in years, whatever they say can't bother me if I don't read it
    -Michael Beck