Thread: Missing plane mystery

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    If the plane was flying for several hours, somewhere someone has a map and a protractor and is drawing a circle with a radius of 3,250 nautical miles and a centre at the location of the transponders going dead. Somewhere roughly on that perimeter, the plane landed. You can't put that plane down just anywhere if it's on land, so with our amazing knowledge of the typography of the globe, maybe we just wait until each potential site and airport is investigated by satellite at a minimum.

Two Iranians were travelling with stolen passports. One was a teenager on his way to meet his mother in Germany or at least she thought so. I haven't read anything definitive about the other young Iranian man other than both had no known links to terrorism, but let's see if any of the passengers ever had flight experience or attended flight school! Someone knew enough to cloak the plane from radar.

If the oil rig worker that described a fireball is legitimate, what was it? Was it the plane or is there another explanation?
    Last edited by rick.lang; 03-15-2014 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    Wonder how long it'll take before all the passengers realize they're in purgatory.
    7 seasons.

In all seriousness though, thoughts go out to family and friends of those who were on board that flight. Best case scenario, the plane never crashed and they are being held hostage with perhaps a chance for eventual release or escape. We all know what the worse case scenario is, so either way this is a difficult situation for the families.

It does seem to be going in a bizarre direction. At the beginning I just assumed it had crashed and they hadn't located it. Now, there does seem like a small chance that something nefarious may have taken place.

Quote Originally Posted by stevesherrick View Post
    7 seasons.

In all seriousness though, thoughts go out to family and friends of those who were on board that flight. Best case scenario, the plane never crashed and they are being held hostage with perhaps a chance for eventual release or escape. We all know what the worse case scenario is, so either way this is a difficult situation for the families.

It does seem to be going in a bizarre direction. At the beginning I just assumed it had crashed and they hadn't located it. Now, there does seem like a small chance that something nefarious may have taken place.
    Best/worst case scenarios can be subjective. I don't know if being kept hostage in the hands of terrorists, even with a chance of escape, qualifies as a best case scenario compared to dying in a plane crash. I'm not saying that either is good, by the way.

Diego Garcia would be the first location, where I would look for the plane.

...just saying

...and it gets stranger by the minute

Two U.S. officials tell ABC News the U.S. believes that the shutdown of two communication systems happened separately on Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. One source said this indicates the plane did not come out of the sky because of a catastrophic failure.

The data reporting system, they believe, was shut down at 1:07 a.m. The transponder -- which transmits location and altitude -- shut down at 1:21 a.m.

This indicates it may well have been a deliberate act,
    Last edited by Frank Glencairn; 03-14-2014 at 09:51 AM.

Whatever the outcome, let's be honest. This will make one hell of a documentary.
    Test footage Vimeo page: https://vimeo.com/romanalaivi

The latest is the plane flew for a further 7 hours after communication was deliberate cut in a NW or SE direction arc according to satellite information. If it is NW it would be heading towards Xinjiang in NW China, Aghanistan, Pakistan and central Asia.

Dustin Uy-Filmmaker

I suspect they may not have flown in a straight path to conceal their final destination. The two pilots are being investigated (and likely crew and passengers of course). Still haven't heard anything significant or incriminating about any of the pilots, crew or passengers (beyond the two Iranians who boarded using stolen passports). Looking at the map, apparently the plane had enough fuel to get to many possible landing sites, including possibly south-east Iran. I hope the families of those innocents on board will hear something more definitive shortly.

Amazing that this mystery will likely overshadow the secessionist vote in Crimea tomorrow.

i know this is far fetched, but what if this was a well planned attack, planned for several years even. This plane landed somewhere that was prepared in advance by a rogue group. THIS PLANE IS BEING LOADED WITH A NUCLEAR BOMB, KEEP THE PASSENGERS HOSTAGE SOMEWHERE, REPAINT THE PLANE, CHANGE ITS TRANSPONDER TO MIMICK ANOTHER PLANE, FLY OVER IRAN, NEW YORK, OR ISRAEL AND DETONATE A NUCLEAR BOMB, HUNDRED OF THOUSANDS or MILLION PEOPLE KILLED . START WORLD WAR III, God forbid. IMAGINE 9/11 BUT GREATER DESTRUCTION.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Glencairn View Post
    Diego Garcia would be the first location, where I would look for the plane.

...just saying

...and it gets stranger by the minute
    Why Diego Garcia?

It's British territory and used by the US as a military base.