Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details

+1 John.

I spent a lot of time with Resolve 9 at NAB. The interface is much simpler than 8.2 but I didn't see a single missing feature. Amazing accomplishment.

Resolve 9 also adds 16 channel audio support, including syncing for easy dailies, and a batch render mode that does multiple output formats with 1 click.

Can't wait!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Costa Louvieris View Post
    Stupid question but I downloaded Resolve Lite before the camera was announced, but could never figure out how to use Avid in conjuction with it. I completed a edit in Avid and then wanted to colour correct in Resolve but could never get any clips to show in resolve? Anyone know the workflow for the two systems?
    I use Avid and Resolve. Here are the steps from MichaelP:

1. Output DNxHD MXF files from Resolve
    2. Copy those MXF files into Avid MediaFiles/MXF/ 1, 2, etc.
    3. Import all the AAF files into the bin. This will relink automatically for you. Then merge the ALE if you want the additional metadata.

If you have any issues, you can also open up the Media Tool - you Resolve outputs should be there. Now drag them into a new bin.

Bruce Allen
    www.boacinema.com

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezweezl View Post
    i haven't used it with avid projects, but apparently, it will read an aaf file and automatically pull in all your media and recreate your avid timeline. if it's the same as importing from xml (final cut), it's all done on the conform screen. load your aaf and start coloring...
    This is exactly what I did, but error messeges kept appearing... I even selected the right AMA folder and nothing...
    Last edited by Costa Louvieris; 04-27-2012 at 03:37 AM.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Allen View Post
    I use Avid and Resolve. Here are the steps from MichaelP:

1. Output DNxHD MXF files from Resolve
    2. Copy those MXF files into Avid MediaFiles/MXF/ 1, 2, etc.
    3. Import all the AAF files into the bin. This will relink automatically for you. Then merge the ALE if you want the additional metadata.

If you have any issues, you can also open up the Media Tool - you Resolve outputs should be there. Now drag them into a new bin.

Bruce Allen
    www.boacinema.com
    I didn't even get to this step... but I would have thought just using media tool would be wiser?

5. Collapse Details

Anyone know what formats you can kick out of Resolve? I'm hoping to export DPX's or EXR's for work in Nuke.

6. Collapse Details

There is a list of all the Codecs natively supported by Resolve here
    http://www.blackmagic-design.com/sup...d=11735&os=mac

Resolve processes internally in RGB at 32 bit floating point and you can render to a large number of formats and codecs including 16 bit float DPX and EXR and to ProRes and DNxHD when on a Mac OS X system. (No ProRes on Windows or Linux)

With the appropriate hardware, Resolve can render four times faster than real time even with grading applied so its not usually seen as the bottleneck but usually the fastest system in the workflow with the highest quality. This is one of the reasons its used in Hollywood on major films.
    Peter