Thread: Pluraleyes VS Premiere CC Multicam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Pluraleyes VS Premiere CC Multicam 
    I have been having decent success syncing footage with the new Multicam in Premiere Pro CC, but was wondering if anyone has found better results with Pluraleyes? With the sale today I thought I might pull the trigger. Let me know your experience. Thanks!
    Jonathan Wheeler
    http://dontshoutfilms.com

Where's the sale?

On the Red Giant Website, but I also got emails from Tool Farm and Videoguys offering the same 40% off today.
    Jonathan Wheeler

Taking a Vacation
    PE is pretty damn good IMO and I don't know how to use it as well as other people do. Still saves a lot of time.

@ Dontshoutfilms. I am cutting 2 cams with 3 audio tracks, 3 hours +; tonight. Premiere Pro CS6 couldn't handle it (which they indicated in their advices on use). Plural Eyes 3 lined them up fast and fine.

I bought PluralEyes in the previous sale and haven't looked back. The Premiere features in CC caught my attention but having used it last week for a multicam edit and I can safely say it is nowhere near as powerful as PluralEYes. It struggled with syncs that took PE3 seconds to sync and with more than 1 clip per camera it just refused to work. Go with PE, you won't regret it!

+1 for plural eyes, it's awesome and does everything at once. Well worth the money if you need to sync stuff!

It's funny I ended up buying it, and it worked fairly well the first try, but then got a little crashy, and then gave me continuous 'sync encountered an error.' I am getting seemingly similar results using the CC multicam and is much more stable. Maybe I'll try it again later, but for now I'm sticking with premiere.
    Jonathan Wheeler

Hi Jonathan,

I'm wondering if you pulled the trigger on this? I am undecided as well. I have the trial version of PE and of course it works as advertised but did not care for the way it creates multiple tracks for L/R audio in Premiere. I didn't attempt to use the plug-in through Premiere. I have used the multi-cam sync feature in Premiere CC, throwing an entire folder of video and reference audio at it, and it synced up quite nicely creating multiple multicam sequences with the synced audio. The benefit, as I see it, in using the multicam sync is that one can then use the multicam editing feature in Premiere CC which is now pretty slick. On the other hand, 40% off makes PE quite an attractive buy and would be a nice tool to have in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Marckusw View Post
    @ Dontshoutfilms. I am cutting 2 cams with 3 audio tracks, 3 hours +; tonight. Premiere Pro CS6 couldn't handle it (which they indicated in their advices on use). Plural Eyes 3 lined them up fast and fine.
    Is the multicam sync in CS6 the same as it is in Premiere Pro CC? I thought they added features in CC and the new multicam features are VASTLY improved over the previous version? It may be however that those same features were rolled into CS6? I've use the multicam sync in Premiere CC and it synced multiple cameras and reference audio over entire folders of footage in just a few minutes. Still, Plural Eyes 3 is more proven for sure. I'm just not sure I should discount multicam yet. The multicam editing feature in Premiere is pretty darn powerful.