Thread: Vincent Laforet Introduces MoVI - Stabilizer System

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Vincent Laforet Introduces MoVI - Stabilizer System 

vincent laforet say I’m also very excited to help introduce a piece of camera equipment that I think clearly deserves being called a "game changer."

My first thought is how Much?
    My Second thought is how much to rig it all?
    and you know what they say...If you need to ask you can't afford it!

is interesting to know what blackmagic do this year? will be the new hyperdeck 4k raw to work with bmcc jeje i'm dreaming

Who knows, it may not even be a camera. It does say a piece of "camera equipment". Could be a camera, a recorder, who knows. Though he's a camera head...

vincent laforet say I feel the same way about the device that I shot with a few weeks ago

The rumor s that Canon is introducing another camera to fit in between the C300 and the C100, his schedule at the NAB mostly at the Canon and G-Tech booths, so maybe G-Tech is introducing a raw recorder to work with the new Canon camera, just maybe.

We should consider his post is a camera since he compares it to the the excitement of the 5dMKII, I do believe it is a camera from canon, but the "raw recorder" combined with a new camera between C100 or C300 is definitely a possibility, and will cost some Big Bucks $$ I'm sure, we shall see, One thing I like about Vincent is his opinion about cameras and gear, He is as Honest & Sincere as they come.

Here we go, let the hype machine begin.
    If I wanted my films to look like the real world I'd buy a video camera.

A Canon c200 would not make sense for this sort of hype. The c1/300 were underwhelming spec-wise, so why would a c200 be a big deal? Also Canon would not introduce a raw/better camera that is under their c500? Unless they simply open all their cameras to raw, but again would make the c500 null and void. Either Vincent is setting himself up for a egg in his face, or he is talking about something different, either camera from another company, or an accessory such as a revolutionary lens, recorder, follow focus, thingymagigger, etc.

Could be a rumored GH-X (don't let this be a source of a snow-ball effect of a rumor, I got it from eoshd), but Vincent doesn't really like smaller m4/3 sensors...

My completely uneducated guess... GoPro or some other company jumped into the game, or one of the big guys FINALLY got it.