#MIKOS • MIKOS ARTS
BlackMagic's 4K Cinema Camera Latest News & InfoWorld’s most portable 4K digital film camera!
Shoot Ultra HD TV or 4K feature films with the new Blackmagic Production Camera 4K. You get a large Super 35 size sensor with professional global shutter combined with precision EF mount optics, high quality visually lossless compressed CinemaDNG RAW and Apple ProRes 422 (HQ)™ file recording for a complete self contained solution. The built in touchscreen lets you monitor, change settings and enter metadata directly on the camera!
Blackmagic Cinema Camera 4K Key Features
- • Large high resolution 4K Super 35 mm sized sensor with superior handing of image detail.
• Professional global shutter for smooth pans and image motion.
• Wide 12 stops of dynamic range allows capture of increased details for feature film look.
• Compatible with extremely high quality EF mount lenses.
• Built in SSD recorder allows long duration recording onto solid state disks.
• Open file formats compatible with popular NLE software, such as Apple ProRes and compressed CinemaDNG 12 bit RAW. No custom file formats.
• Features all standard connections, including jack mic/line audio in, 6G-SDI output for monitoring with camera status graphic overlay, headphone mini jack, Thunderbolt, LANC remote control and standard DC 12 power connection.
• Built in touch screen LCD for camera settings and metadata entry compatible with popular video editing software including Final Cut Pro X.
• Supports Ultra HD and 1080HD resolution capture in 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97 and 30 fps.
• Includes UltraScope software for live scopes via the built in Thunderbolt connection.
• Includes DaVinci Resolve color grading software.
Large Super 35 Sensor
With a large Super 35 size sensor you get familiar framing and behavior from the lenses you already own! The sensor features a global shutter so you get perfect panning and with minimal crop factor you also get beautiful wide angle shots from your wide angle lenses. If you're working in HD you'll love the freedom to reframe and zoom into shots without any resolution loss, and when down scaling from 4K to HD you get incredibly smooth and clean images.
EF Compatible Lens Mount Supports the world's best lenses
With the EF compatible lens mount you can choose high quality optics that are designed to take advantage of the large Super 35 size sensor with minimal cropping. Use the world's most amazing optics from leading lens crafters like Canon, Zeiss and more, with full electronic control! The EF compatible lens mount means you’re not locked into a specific lens, so you have the freedom to work with professional cinema lenses using rails, follow focus and other professional accessories!
4K ProRes™ directly to a removable SSD!
With a built in SSD recorder, Blackmagic Production Camera 4K easily captures 4K in ProRes 422 (HQ) and compressed CinemaDNG files. You get a 4K camera designed from the ground up to be part of your post production workflow! Capturing to a removable SSD means that once you’ve finished shooting you can simply connect the SSD to your computer and edit or color correct your shots straight from the disk! Disks can be formatted in either HFS+ or exFAT for Mac and Windows compatibility.
Record Times for 4K Resolution using ProRes™
240Gb = 36 Mins
480Gb = 72 Mins
Open File Formats Standard files for your NLE For 4K
Unlike traditional cameras that record obscure file formats that take time to convert before you can start post production, the Blackmagic Production Camera 4K records directly to files that are compatible with your editing software. The wide dynamic range of the Super 35 size sensor can be mapped into the quantizing range of the file, so you can color grade shots with greater detail in highlights and shadows. If you're working fast, simply select 'Video' and shoot in regular REC709 color space.
Machined from solid aluminum for strength and beauty
Blackmagic Production Camera 4K has been designed with portability and durability in mind. With standard connections and an internal battery inside a beautiful machined aluminum design, you can be confident that the Blackmagic Production Camera 4K will easily handle the rigors of location work! A high resolution LCD display shows settings such as shutter speed, color temperature, aperture and timecode in an easy to read status strip.
Cinema5D report NAB 2013 - Blackmagic 4K Production Camera
From LandmineMedia: NAB2013: Blackmagic Design Production Camera 4K
From LandmineMedia: NAB 2013: Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera
The Official Blackmagic Camera Page
Engadget Hands On
For Updates: Follow M.L. Pappas on Twitter
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Super 16 digital Camera
Introducing the pocket sized Super 16 digital film camera that's small enough to keep with you at all times, so you'll never miss a shot! Get true digital film images with feature film style 13 stops of dynamic range, Super 16 sensor size, high quality lossless CinemaDNG RAW and Apple ProRes™ recording and the flexibility of an active Micro Four Thirds lens mount, all packed into an incredibly tiny size!
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera records 1080HD resolution ProRes 422 (HQ) files direct to fast SD cards, so you can immediately edit or color correct your media on your laptop. Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera is everything you need to bring cinematic film look shooting to the most difficult and remote locations, perfect for documentaries, independent films, photo journalism, music festivals, ENG, protest marches and even war zones.
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera Key Features
- • High resolution 1080HD Super 16mm sized sensor with superior handing of image detail.
• Super wide 13 stops of dynamic range allows capture of increased details for feature film look.
• Compatible with extremely high quality Micro Four Thirds lenses. Compatible with other mounts via common third party adapters such as PL mount and Super 16 cine lenses.
• Built in SD card allows long duration recording with easy to use media.
• Open file formats compatible with popular NLE software such as ProRes 422 (HQ) and lossless compressed CinemaDNG 12 bit RAW. No custom file formats.
• Features all standard connections, including mini jack mic/line audio in, micro HDMI output for monitoring with camera status graphic overlay, headphone mini jack, LANC remote control and standard DC 12 power connection.
• Built in LCD for camera settings via easy to use menus.
• Supports 1080HD resolution capture in 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97 and 30 fps.
• Compatible with DaVinci Resolve Lite color grading software.
The Official Blackmagic Camera Page
Move to Digital Film
BlackMagic's First Generation 2.5K Cinema Camera
Blackmagic Cinema Camera features a high resolution sensor with wide dynamic range so it’s perfect for independent film, television commercials and episodic television production. DaVinci Resolve software for Mac™ and Windows™ is included so you can work at the highest quality and get the best results. Blackmagic Cinema Camera is both affordable and a complete solution because it includes a built-in recorder and monitoring, so it’s perfect for displacing video-only cameras for work such as sporting events, weddings, music videos and more!
Blackmagic Cinema Camera Key Features
- High resolution 2.5K sensor allows improved anti aliasing and reframing shots.
- Super wide 13 stops of dynamic range allows capture of increased details for feature film look.
- Built in SSD allows high bandwidth recording of RAW video and long duration compressed video.
- Open file formats compatible with popular NLE software such as CinemaDNG 12 bit RAW, Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD. No custom file formats.
- Includes no custom connections. Standard jack mic/line audio in, BNC 3 Gb/s SDI out, headphone, high-speed Thunderbolt I/O technology, LANC remote control and standard DC 12-30V power connection.
- Capacitive touch screen LCD for camera settings and slate metadata entry.
- Compatible with extremely high quality Canon EF and Zeiss ZF lenses.
- Supports 2.5K and 1080HD resolution capture in 24, 25, 29.97 and 30 fps.
- Thunderbolt connection allows direct camera capture via included Media Express software and supports live waveform monitoring via the included Blackmagic UltraScope software.
- Includes a full copy of DaVinci Resolve 9.0 color grading software.
BlackMagic Cinema Camera Adds the timeless beauty of feature film quality
Elegant, sophisticated and jam packed with the latest digital cinema technology, Blackmagic Cinema Camera gives your work that timeless feature film look! Blackmagic Cinema Camera features an amazing 2.5K image sensor with a wide 13 stops of dynamic range for a true digital film camera. You get a built-in SSD recorder, popular open standard uncompressed RAW and compressed file formats, compatibility with quality EF and ZF mount lenses, LCD touchscreen monitoring plus metadata entry, all packed into an exciting hand held design!
Cinematographers form a personal relationship with their camera for a creative partnership that can last years and span every location on the planet! Starting with a chassis machined from solid aluminum, capped with a smooth rubber front and rear for easy grip, plus a rear facing touchscreen for easy metadata entry, you get a stylish design that’s optimized for the whole post production workflow. Blackmagic Cinema Camera includes standard jack audio so there are no custom connectors!
Open File Formats
Blackmagic Cinema Camera uses standard file formats, so you don’t need to wait years for your video software to support the media! Recording native 2.5K resolution uses the open CinemaDNG format, so you get full 12-bit RAW recording quality using the built-in SSD recorder, and the benefit of industry wide compatibility. For even greater compatibility you can also choose 1080HD recording into ProRes and DNxHD compressed video formats. Blackmagic Cinema Camera is the only camera to support purely open file formats!
Enter Metadata Easily
The large capacitive touchscreen display makes it incredibly easy to log metadata directly into the camera. When you tap the display with a finger, a data entry window called the "slate" appears. This lets you enter shot information just like typing on a smartphone. This data is then stored in the files so can be accessed by NLE software when editing content later. Metadata is compatible with popular software such as Final Cut Pro X and DaVinci Resolve.
Fast Metadata Entry
Logging file metadata directly into the camera dramatically speeds up the post production process. With the Blackmagic Cinema Camera 'slate' you can enter information such as shot number, search tags, scene number, timecode and more! You can even set shot number and other data to increment automatically! Metadata is compatible with leading editing software and is fully searchable so when you're editing your project you can avoid the time consuming task of searching for specific shots!
The Official Blackmagic Camera Page
BLACKMAGIC CINEMA CAMERA VIDEOS & FOOTAGE
Filmed with the BlackMagic Cinema Camera By John Brawley
John Brawley BLOG on Videos shot with the Blackmagic Cinema Camera
#2 Video Filmed with the BlackMagic Cinema Camera By John Brawley
DIRECT LINK: http://vimeopro.com/johnbrawleytests...video/40584879
NEW BLACKMAGIC CINEMA CAMERA 1080P FRAME GRABS By John Brawley
Leah Ungraded - Flat 1920x1080
LINK TO FRAME GRAB:http://johnbrawley.files.wordpress.c...eah_1-20-2.jpg
BlackMagic Camera- Wider Frame Grab- 25mm at 800 ISO -by John Brawley.
John Brawley wrote:
In this setup, I used NO LIGHTING whatsoever. It’s natural only. No gels on the windows. That’s sunlight back there.
Look at how much dynamic range there is. You can see out the windows and into the black of her dress.
DIRECT LINK TO 1920x1080 IMAGE: http://johnbrawley.files.wordpress.c...1_1_1-22-2.jpg
BlackMagic VS Canon Mark III
NAB 2012 - Blackmagic Cinema Camera First Look by Landmine Media
NAB 2012: Detailed Interview on the Blackmagic Digital Cinema Camera
NAB 2012 - Blackmagic CInema Camera First Look by by CineDigital.tv
BlackMagic's Dan May Interviewed at NAB. by FreshDV
#MIKOS • MIKOS ARTS
The Original DVXuser BlackMagic Camera Thread: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...mp-Latest-Info