Thread: BMCC Studio Shoot for Promo

1. #1 BMCC Studio Shoot for Promo 
    Shot this today for a promo for the TV station I work for. Graded quickly in resolve from the 2.5k RAW and edited in FCPX for broadcast. I used the Canon 50mm f1.2l lens with 1 Kino flow. A sennheiser clip on mic was used for audio inputted into the camera with the XLR to 6.5mm balanced converter which came with my Wooden Camera Cage.

http://vimeo.com/58964331

I will also be using the BMCC for the whole of the behind the scenes series, so I will keep you updated as I travel along.

The studio behind her never looked so good... hehe. Amazing what all that latitude can do for you even inside the studio.

I wonder why the colours on her look a bit flat. Her hair is close to the same hue as her face, and her eyes are not white. Maybe it was hard isolating her skin, maybe it was the rushed grade. Anyway I don't have any intention of criticising the work, which is totally fine, and broadcast standard, but I am curious if she would have enough color information to better isolate her skin in that shot.

Thanks for sharing!

Nah your all good, it's totally fine to criticise, that's what we are all here for!

I am still working on grading in Resolve, I have unfortunately not yet been able to figure out all the little ins and outs. I think if I was to isolate her face a little better it would be a lot nicer to the eye. especially for her hair tones and skintones. I would defo like to explore more into the grading of the BMCC footage especially when you have so much latitude to work with.