Thread: Firmware v6.6 is out!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    So, my immediate experience with the update isn't the best...

Autofocus worked and seemed to be improved (quicker, less hunting), then all of a sudden it stopped working. No type of touch screen holding could get it to even engage. Had to turn it off and on again.

Within the menus I can't change my framerate. It's greyed out. I have to do it in live view by pressing the frame rate in the top left and using the slider (I've tried toggling the off speed button, which doesn't show a difference).

I can also only get 120fps in BRAW.

I was under the impression Kristian said in the official forums that prores HD 120fps was now downscaled from the 2.6k image, but I can only do 60fps Prores HD.

Should I roll it back and try updating again?

Update: Ignore my FPS issues - they were user error. I always forget that the sensor window option needs to be changed! You can get 2.6k window 120 in HD using prores! Autofocus issue still stands, and I also lost my luts and presets, which happens every update, right?
    I don't have an autofocus capable lense to test, but yes LUTs do get wiped after updating. I forgot that once again, I usually leave an SD card in with my LUTs to easily reimport.

Still no upside down display option. The video assist has this. This would be useful for Ronin S because if you can mount the camera upside down the screen will be at a more center of rotation on the Ronin S.

This is an awesome update.
    No problem with 2 cams so far.
    www.lightformfilm.com
    https://vimeo.com/suwanchote

follow me on instagram @lightformfilm

There is a bug. After the FW update my battery no longer charge in camera using the supplied AC power dapater even though the red charge light is on. Has anyone notice this?

5. #15 Audio issue 
    I did a test this morning using the new high frame options and recording 3:1, Q0 to a T5 ssd. In each clip the audio ceased recording on the clip after about 15 seconds. Has anyone else noticed this? On the other hand the image quality of the new options looks great and the braw upscales very well to a 4k timeline.

What do you mean by high frame? If that is for slo-mo, it has always been like this. Audio will be recorded at the length according to your project rate and video will be longer.

2.6k crop with Metabones 0.64XL makes the crop look close to full sensor micro four third 4k.

I think my battery that was supplied with the camera has bricked after I performed the update. I heard someone on the other forum also experience the same problem with their Canon battery. Since this is no fault of my own and could be class as manufacturing defect can I claim a replacement battery from Blackmagic?

Quote Originally Posted by Taikonaut View Post
    I think my battery that was supplied with the camera has bricked after I performed the update. I heard someone on the other forum also experience the same problem with their Canon battery. Since this is no fault of my own and could be class as manufacturing defect can I claim a replacement battery from Blackmagic?
    I think all my non Canon batteries have bricked now. Maybe one left. Once it happened during an update?

All the Canon's continue to work even after 10 years. I use V-locks when I'm on sticks and that works just fine but I sure would like to find a small solution for gimbals and when I want to be stripped down.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Harrington View Post
    I think all my non Canon batteries have bricked now. Maybe one left. Once it happened during an update?

All the Canon's continue to work even after 10 years. I use V-locks when I'm on sticks and that works just fine but I sure would like to find a small solution for gimbals and when I want to be stripped down.
    This is BMD's own battery that came with the BMPCC4K. Worked fine until updating FW 6.6.