Thread: BRaw recordung on Video Assist

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
  1. #1 BRaw recordung on Video Assist 
    Senior Member Taikonaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,172
    Can this new Video Assist support BRaw recording for the original Ursa Mini 4.6k?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Graz, Austria
    Posts
    220
    I think in theory yes, because the camera is able to stream out RAW on the main SDI for the BMD SSD recorder.

    But I still hope we get a firmware update instead.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    248
    Ive heard that you might be able to record BRAW with a C200 and Sony and other cameras, too.

    I am not 100% sure how good it is, Because I thought braw is doing some debayering on/on the sensor.
    Whatever. BM also released a free braw plugin for premiere and avid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by S_Berger View Post
    Ive heard that you might be able to record BRAW with a C200 and Sony and other cameras, too.

    I am not 100% sure how good it is, Because I thought braw is doing some debayering on/on the sensor.
    Whatever. BM also released a free braw plugin for premiere and avid.
    Grant Petty said they were doing some sort of sensor-profiling to achieve this on non BMD Cameras.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    23
    This ^ can't see which sensors are listed yet but obviously in the video at IBC he was capturing BRAW onto a Video Assist from an EVA1 which was pretty wild.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    232
    And Canon C300 ii

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Mantle View Post
    This ^ can't see which sensors are listed yet but obviously in the video at IBC he was capturing BRAW onto a Video Assist from an EVA1 which was pretty wild.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member Taikonaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,172
    I think if you are an original UM4.6k owner the ability to record to SSD via USB-C from the new Assist will be appealing. More so if it let you record BRaw.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Light&Color View Post
    Grant Petty said they were doing some sort of sensor-profiling to achieve this on non BMD Cameras.

    What is sensor profiling, anyone?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    3,121
    Quote Originally Posted by starman View Post
    What is sensor profiling, anyone?
    It's the "partial-debayer" step...

    Basically they have to know what sensor they're expecting....

    JB
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    104
    Depending on the amount of work that goes into this process, Im keeping my hopes up for BRAW on the BMCC 2.5k
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Blackmagic Video Assist 7" Video Monitor Case
    By alecvez in forum For Sale / Want to Buy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2018, 05:45 PM
  2. Video Assist and Video Assist 4K discounted
    By MasterOfWombats in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-22-2017, 02:47 PM
  3. Video Assist 2.2 ???
    By dregenthal in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-23-2016, 11:11 PM
  4. New Video Assist
    By stevehall1990 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-06-2016, 01:12 PM
  5. Video Assist
    By vortex271 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-04-2016, 03:07 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •