Thread: BLE4K | R/S BMPCC4K with Tilta Nuclues-Nano

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 BLE4K | R/S BMPCC4K with Tilta Nuclues-Nano 
    Hello everyone,

Just launched Pre-Orders for my product, BLE4K.

It enables Run/Stop support between any Bluetooth enabled Blackmagic camera and the Tilta Nucleus-Nano.

Estimated shipping by end of June, early July. $50 USD.

preorderbanner.jpg

Order here: https://ble4k.com/

Cheers
    Last edited by Zolac; 05-30-2019 at 07:56 PM.

and pre-ordered - exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks Csaba!

Brilliant. I just ordered a Tilta Nucleus handle. will you be able to support stop start on that also?

Quote Originally Posted by iammuc View Post
    Brilliant. I just ordered a Tilta Nucleus handle. will you be able to support stop start on that also?
    The BLE4K connects to the Nucleus-Nano Motor, so you can as long as the Handle can connect to the motor it can toggle start/stop.

great, just ordered. What made you decide on size? Circuit board limitations? Cable looks hard wired also yes? Trying to picture how and where to mount it. How are you mounting it on your P4K?

great, just ordered. What made you decide on size? Circuit board limitations? Cable looks hard wired also yes? Trying to picture how and where to mount it. How are you mounting it on your P4K?
    Lots of the design is based off the board and yes it is hard wired.

This is where I can still gather feedback to influence final design.

I didn't want this product to be held up in design, so as much as I hate the idea of "just let the user figure out there own solution, like velcro tape or something like that" It's what will allow me to get this out quick and without making it cost more.

but formally I'm going to try to add a 1/4" threaded insert or a make the a 3D printed threading mount somewhere on the case. Unfortunately as simple as it sounds, from the place I'm planning to have these printed the costs rise a lot especially for
    the small batch size I'm doing.
    Last edited by Zolac; 05-31-2019 at 03:03 PM.

I think you'll find that adding a 1/4X20 mounting point and resourcing a bracket to use will take that issue out of play. Just my 2 cents.

I don't mind velcro solution as long as the size is as small as can be. If it can be a similar size as say an Agelbird SSD 2GO which is about 4cm x 7cm or smaller then I would just velcro them together to mount. Can you confirm actual size, it looks like 5cm x 3cm based on your cutting board picture?

By the way I have been using the BMPCC4K app that gives control over focus by wire with AB rack focus points via bluetooth control UI. What's the possibility of mapping focus by wire to the tilta nano hand wheel and nucleus handle? Would be a god send for users with Lumix lenses because with variable speed ramping from the lens, focus points are never the same on the nano hand wheel.

Video demonstrating how to perform initial pairing of BLE4K and a BMPCC4K.

After initial pairing, the device auto connects to the camera on startup.

https://vimeo.com/339932317

I don't mind velcro solution as long as the size is as small as can be. If it can be a similar size as say an Agelbird SSD 2GO which is about 4cm x 7cm or smaller then I would just velcro them together to mount. Can you confirm actual size, it looks like 5cm x 3cm based on your cutting board picture?

By the way I have been using the BMPCC4K app that gives control over focus by wire with AB rack focus points via bluetooth control UI. What's the possibility of mapping focus by wire to the tilta nano hand wheel and nucleus handle? Would be a god send for users with Lumix lenses because with variable speed ramping from the lens, focus points are never the same on the nano hand wheel.
    The current version of the case measures ~60x33mm, you were pretty close. Might change by the final revision, but only slightly.

The functionality you mentioned with using the hand wheel to do focus is apart of a different product I'm working on that will attach directly to the hand wheel, I have a prototype of this and it works. More to come.