Thread: Accurate Rec709 LUT for BMPCC4K and Ursa Mini Pro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Accurate Rec709 LUT for BMPCC4K and Ursa Mini Pro 
    Hi guys, Matteo here. Just wanted to share with all of you something that I've been working on for a very long time, together with a local 600 DIT here in Los Angeles.
    We just released the Cinematographer LUTs Collection for the BMPCC4K, Ursa Mini Pro and GH5/GH5S. The collection includes a Natural Rec709 which serves as conversion LUT for your LOG footage and 4 creative LUTs to stylized your clips.
    I've always been very disappointed with the Extended Video LUT, in particular the one for the BMPCC4K. Skin tones were brown, highlights roll off extremely harsh, very desaturated green and over all a red tint to the entire image. That's why we spent the past two months creating this LUT and so far the feedback have been amazing. If you guys wanna give it a try here is the link to the LUTs page: http://www.butteryfilms.com/luts

Again, these are not some orange and teal LUTs made by a random videographer, but the mind behind them creates LUTs for the best commercial DP in the world. It was actually an amazing experience sitting down with him in front of two Flanders Scientific DM250 and making these LUTs.

Please let me know what you think and if you need any info send me an email at matteo@butteryfilms.com

Cheers!

These are definitely good looking LUTs.

I'm not much of a LUT guy, but these do look good.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

I've used this LUT on my BMPCC4K and in Resolve, and the 709 Natural LUT make the camera look great in those greens that really are lacking with this camera. It's something I intend to keep on at all times, it just really solves a lot of the camera's color quirks. As well as looking super ultra natural and more Alexa-like than any other LUT I've tried....

Anyone test with the UMP? I'm curious to see more samples before I buy.

Ok, I've bought it and works really great with the Pocket 4K. Colors and rolloff feel now very alexa like.

Any chance to get a discount if I get the GH5s too?

Ok, it took me some time to convince myself and buy a LUT. I am not fan of buying LUTs, but this one is very good. Highly recommend.

I'd also really appreciate if you could give discount if I buy two of them. I don't really make money with my A7S, it's just a hobby.

I've enjoyed watching some of Matteo's YouTube content and what he's been able to do with the P4K, and those do look like some great LUTs, but am I the only one who isn't a huge fan of basically creating an account here, making one post to spam what you're selling, and then not come back an engage with the community and attempt to answer follow up questions?

Looking at the demo footage I feel both LUTS have very different intentions (extended and naturalrec709). To be honest the extended is just a lot more open and uncorrected and the natural709 is much more a 'look'. This is to be expected because the extended LUT is not aimed to give you a REC709 image out of the box and the natural709 clearly is. I also think with a little bit of tinkering you can match the look of the natural709 LUT using the extended LUT very easy in Resolve.

Quote Originally Posted by jefferypeterson View Post
    Anyone test with the UMP? I'm curious to see more samples before I buy.
    Hey Jeffrey, feel free to send me a clip at matteo@butteryfilms.com and I'll do a quick grade for you!