Thread: Tilta Nano compact USB power solutions?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joe12south View Post
    That is correct. The motor must be powered externally via a micro-USB connector.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Zolac View Post
    If you go the CFast route ( as I'm planning to move to eventually ) I've success fully powered the motor from the USB-C port from the camera. Just need a USB-C to Micro-USB cable.

The nano motor draws actually pretty low power for the most part, in idle.
    This my friend has made my day. This camera just gets better and better. If it draws enough power to adequately run the motors I'm happy with that. The less things to stick on the rig the better for my shooting needs.

If you happen to be using an external monitor with Sony batteries you could get some of these and power from their USB out.

https://www.amazon.com/Powerextra-Mu.../dp/B01M189SS0

Thanks but I mainly shoot hand held run gun or gimbal so smallest setup is best for me. If it can take higher voltage then an output from a Smallhd Focus to motor would be another solution if you could even find a cable specific for it.

well, my Nano issues stem from the battery on the controller. I have 4 different batteries and I swear they work 20% of the time...with no rhyme or reason. Doesn't connect, won't calibrate. I just ordered the recommenced batteries by Titla from Amazon and a charger to see if it changes things.

Quote Originally Posted by tmronin View Post
    well, my Nano issues stem from the battery on the controller. I have 4 different batteries and I swear they work 20% of the time...with no rhyme or reason. Doesn't connect, won't calibrate. I just ordered the recommenced batteries by Titla from Amazon and a charger to see if it changes things.
    4 different batteries. thats not a good sign. Did you try the Jaycar one I mentioned? It does sound like a unit issue.

It may be due that strange tiny charger. Few people on other forum report that their charger just smoked and burned
    All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

Quote Originally Posted by shijan View Post
    It may be due that strange tiny charger. Few people on other forum report that their charger just smoked and burned
    Hey D! yeah...I have thoughts on the included charger and none of them are particularly good. Tilta recommends these:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They should be here tomorrow with a charger...we shall see. when my Nano works, it works great...I just think it's the kinda crappy batteries bundled with it rather than controller unit failure.

Hey D! yeah...I have thoughts on the included charger and none of them are particularly good. Tilta recommends these:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They should be here tomorrow with a charger...we shall see. when my Nano works, it works great...I just think it's the kinda crappy batteries bundled with it rather than controller unit failure.
    my EBL batteries came in a day early and yep, it's totally the batteries and charger. my nano works exactly as expected. connects every time, all the menu functions are available. yay!

Yea, may be just defected batteries or charger. Take a look at the test of those nicjoy 14500 850mAh (Green-brown) batteries. If they are not damaged, the capacity is ok. https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteri...own)%20UK.html
    "This is a fairly cheap 14500 LiIon cell." "These batteries looks good at lower current, i.e. 2A and below, but they are not for high current."

Last edited by shijan; 02-08-2019 at 12:42 AM.
    All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/