Thread: RED Phone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by GeranSimpson View Post
    They are focusing on the wrong things and are not using it correctly.
    If the general public who all use phones daily are using the phone "wrong", red have failed. Plain and simple.
    They are trying to make a commercial product for the masses, and the masses don't like it. So they failed there too.

This phone is for the fanboys, not the general public.

Pretty reminiscent of the release of Redray. People paid good money for the next generation media player and I'm pretty sure they are just land fill these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Abrams View Post
    If the general public who all use phones daily are using the phone "wrong", red have failed. Plain and simple.
    They are trying to make a commercial product for the masses, and the masses don't like it. So they failed there too.

This phone is for the fanboys, not the general public.
    Quite the contrary. Only the reviewers trash it, and their mindless followers who none if which have ever played with it. Everyone I know who has one loves it because they know how to use it correctly. Not a single person I have showed the phone to even thought of the things these reviewers have lamented on.

Quite interesting that everyone even in this thread who does NOT have one can do nothing else than talk negatively about it. All you are doing is repeating the negativity from these "reviews". Why don't you try it out first?

100% of the reactions I've gotten from the device have been something like
    "Wow"
    "That's amazing"
    "I feel like I can reach out and touch it"
    "Sounds like you are right there"
    "That looks like a dslr shot"
    "I want something like that"

There is a stigma about the bmcuser forums that they are a bunch of miserable haters, it's really showing in this thread.

Quite the contrary. Only the reviewers trash it, and their mindless followers who none if which have ever played with it. Everyone I know who has one loves it because they know how to use it correctly. Not a single person I have showed the phone to even thought of the things these reviewers have lamented on.

Quite interesting that everyone even in this thread who does NOT have one can do nothing else than talk negatively about it. All you are doing is repeating the negativity from these "reviews". Why don't you try it out first?

"Wow"
    "That's amazing"

There is a stigma about the bmcuser forums that they are a bunch of miserable haters, it's really showing in this thread.
    Oh give it a rest. It's a friggin phone. But the phone without voicemail! WTF? At this day and age? Again- it's a phone- not a camera, not an video or photo display. What I need from a phone are the following: make and receive calls. If I can't answer I want voicemail- which is missing on Hydrogen. I want to be able to navigate, which Hydrogen does not have atm. I want apps like weather, or gasbuddy, so when I am traveling I can check where the cheapest gas is and how to get there. I want to be able to send and receive txt, and use Messanger or Line.

I think this is a bit harsh. For every hater here there's a sycophant at Reduser.

I think the biggest issue with the release of the Hydrogen one has been Jim Jannard's hyperbole. If the device hadn't been so hyped for so long, and perhaps wasn't so expensive, reviewers might not have been so harsh. But to make huge announcements about changing the world, to then announce a phone, to then release a phone that a lot of people think is a bit meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Rogoz View Post
    Oh give it a rest. It's a friggin phone. But the phone without voicemail! WTF? At this day and age? Again- it's a phone- not a camera, not an video or photo display. What I need from a phone are the following: make and receive calls. If I can't answer I want voicemail- which is missing on Hydrogen. I want to be able to navigate, which Hydrogen does not have atm. I want apps like weather, or gasbuddy, so when I am traveling I can check where the cheapest gas is and how to get there. I want to be able to send and receive txt, and use Messanger or Line.
    You can do all of those things. It is an android device.

To mirror Geran's earlier comments, I showed a couple holographic photos to about 25 people this weekend.

Maybe one person was like "meh". And maybe a solid 15 were like "I want that, where can I buy one?" The rest were blown away in one form or the other but didn't express wanting to actually purchase one.

Take that small sample for what its worth.
    Aaron Lochert

"Wow"
    "That's amazing"

Sorry you spent so much money on something like this, but thatís no need to insult other users. Look all over the internet, this phone is a laughing stock and widely considered a failure. People are trashing this phone everywhere, not just here.

Like I said, I got to see it briefly when a coworker brought it in. Everyone, including me, told him it was awesome. He was so excited about it what else were we going to say? Afterwards we couldnít believe he spent so much money on what amounted to nothing more than a 3D party trick.

Once the placebo effect wears off you might one day laugh at this phone too.

Smart phones are like group therapy were lots of people partake in it use. Same as when a popular TV show is on and nobody want to be left out from watching it but whether they like the show or not does not matter. So far RED Hydrogen does not have that group must have appeal. Until the Kardashians of this world start brandishing it as a fashion must have its not going anywhere.