Thread: Hands on with P4K tomorrow - any questions?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    How does the White Balance function? Do we select color temp values like previous BMCC's or aim the camera at a white card and press the WB button?

My biggest concern is how to pull focus on a gimbal, following an actor around. I haven't seen anything concrete on this most basic function of a camera. Can you adjust focus of electronic lenses electronically? Which ones? This seems like the most major issue imaginable, that no one is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkatter219 View Post
    How does the White Balance function? Do we select color temp values like previous BMCC's or aim the camera at a white card and press the WB button?
    You can set a color temp range in the camera menu, or tap the color temp display at the top of the display screen and a pull down range of vs,use is displayed, pick one or sue the slider to set the WB. As far as I know, there is no AWB set by pressing a button and using a white card, on,y the Ursa Mini Pro/Ursa Broadcast have AWB.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Denny Smith; 09-07-2018 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Giambrone View Post
    My biggest concern is how to pull focus on a gimbal, following an actor around. I haven't seen anything concrete on this most basic function of a camera. Can you adjust focus of electronic lenses electronically? Which ones? This seems like the most major issue imaginable, that no one is talking about.
    There is not continuous auto focus function on the new Pocket Camera 4K. You can pull an “electronic” push to focus which will set the focus to the area inside a white square target area, like the origianl Pocket Camera did (only hopefully better) by oressingmthr “Focus” button, while this function was available on the BM Ursa Mini handle Lanc, No remote for this function has been announced yet, except perhaps with the IPad application.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Giambrone View Post
    Wireless follow focus. Zhiyun has a pretty decently priced motor for the Crane 2 (the motor actually connects to the gimbal via cable and allows focus control via the built-in focus wheel or a separately sold remote control) and I believe DJI is releasing one for the Ronin S.

Ah. So it bypasses the lens electronics entirely.

https://www.amazon.com/Servo-Follow-.../dp/B0794V7TF3

Has anyone used this?

wireless pull focus will probably done via bluetooth/wireless app or module. Phil from One little remote made one for the micro, i think he will develop one for the p4k when it comes out also.

Okay, I got some VERY BASIC clips together. I wonder what the best way to upload them is? Google Drive?

Quote Originally Posted by redshift View Post
    Okay, I got some VERY BASIC clips together. I wonder what the best way to upload them is? Google Drive?
    Yeah Google drive or anything that can share the originals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    Yeah Google drive or anything that can share the originals.
    Cool. I wasn't sure if there was some kind of download limit or anything like that.

Gonna be a while to upload. Check back here tomorrow, everyone. I'll write up a little blurb with the clips and my included thoughts.