Thread: kick ass TV

1. #1 kick ass TV 
    Hey guys,

Looking for a TV (65in) to watch movies with some serious image quality (sound is irrelevant as I have a separate system to process audio). I didn't want to go much more than 1600 / 1700 eur, so probably a 2017 model. Anyone has suggestions?

Thanks!

Have yiu co spidered a video projector David?
    Cheers

Denny, already have one. Me and my wife are looking for a new TV, oled if possible. I have my eye on a lg 65b7.

I have a Sony 850C, which is a 2015 4K HDR model and I hate it. It's IMPOSSIBLE to turn off their motion smoothing. I've turned off every possible setting, googled it 50 times, nothing works. It makes me crazy. I'd really like to sell it for what I can and buy something that doesn't infuriate me. So I'm also looking for a TV recommendation where I can absolutely fix the soap opera effect.

Quote Originally Posted by jmad View Post
    I have a Sony 850C, which is a 2015 4K HDR model and I hate it. It's IMPOSSIBLE to turn off their motion smoothing. I've turned off every possible setting, googled it 50 times, nothing works. It makes me crazy. I'd really like to sell it for what I can and buy something that doesn't infuriate me. So I'm also looking for a TV recommendation where I can absolutely fix the soap opera effect.
    Yikes... Are you sure that can't be turned off? I can't watch anything with that effect turned on. I ended up buying a LG oled b7 65". Love it! It really takes things to the next level. Killer!

Sony calls it motionflow and even turned off, it does not 100% go away. It could be my 4k apple tv adding the effect, maybe? but I have that set at 24hz as well. it's really frustrating. maybe i should get an older apple tv and test it. Glad you're happy with the LG. I'll keep it in mind.

gonna give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by jmad View Post
    but I have that set at 24hz as well. it's really frustrating.
    That's your problem. Turn off 24hz. I had my PS4 video set to 24hz and EVERYTHING looked like smooth motion despite my TV settings. Turning off 24hz solved the problem, now everything looks fine.