Thread: Veydra lens production

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Veydra lens production 
    Does anyone have any info on what is going on with Veydra?

I had one of the primes on order for 1.5 months at B&H but Veydra did not deliver any lenses or give any answers to the seller either. Also their website is down except for the starting page. They don't have any contact information on their website, their webstore is down and they have been silent in social media for quite a while.

Are they going out of business? I'm hesitant to start investing on a lens line that might be ending production. Very unfortunate if this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by vvvvv View Post
    Does anyone have any info on what is going on with Veydra?

I had one of the primes on order for 1.5 months at B&H but Veydra did not deliver any lenses or give any answers to the seller either. Also their website is down except for the starting page. They don't have any contact information on their website, their webstore is down and they have been silent in social media for quite a while.

Are they going out of business? I'm hesitant to start investing on a lens line that might be ending production. Very unfortunate if this is the case.
    I wondered the same thing. Ryan Avery is off of social media too so it's a little up in the air. Duclos Lenses has stock though if you want any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex.Mitchell View Post
    I wondered the same thing. Ryan Avery is off of social media too so it's a little up in the air. Duclos Lenses has stock though if you want any of them.
    I actually talked briefly with Duclos customer service about this since they work with Veydra, but they didn't have anything to say about the situation and even they are sold out on some of the primes. I also live on the other side of the world from them.

I did notice that Ryan Avery works for Tokina now, so maybe the Veydra project is in the past now. Kind of stupid to speculate about this here but I am just really disappointed in this since I finally had decided on this lens line now that the Pocket4K has been announced.

Looks like Veydra is out of dodge. Yikes. I was close to buying their set. I'm glad I did not.

It's been like this for a while...it definitely seems like they are done (but it's all speculation of course).

Unfortunate timing, with the P4K coming out soon.

Agree, it seems unfortunate that Ryan will miss a significant bump in sales of Veyras in a few months. Maybe things are just in hibernation and sales will resume.

If they are done it is too bad. I couldn't afford a set yet and was waiting for the right cameras to go with them. The full set with 2 or three of the new pocket cams would be a great small package for the way I like to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by dop16mm View Post
    If they are done it is too bad. I couldn't afford a set yet and was waiting for the right cameras to go with them. The full set with 2 or three of the new pocket cams would be a great small package for the way I like to shoot.
    Same here; I was thinking about a multi-P4K setup with some Veydras myself for a project later this year or early next year. Still going with a multi-cam setup; I just need to figure out the lenses. I'd prefer not to have to go the SpeedBooster route again unless I have to.

Voigtlanders are very popular with the MFT crowd. Amazing glass.

SLR Magic has a bunch of choices. Or Kowa PROMINARs.

Some people are modding the Fujinon 18-55mm for their GHXs.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...t2_9_lens.html