Thread: Camera Update 4.7

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    This one sure caught me by surprise tonight! Great update, thanks BM.
    Homie, do you think the increase sensitivity update,on the Micro Studio, going from -12to +12db in gain, is adjusting the native ISO from the previous 100 to 400? Before 0 gain was ISO100 now that is -12, so 0 is ISO 400. We should see a cleaner image at 400 than previously?
    Cheers
    I think that's roughly it. Now at 0db if you put middle grey at 50IRE the camera is 400 ISO, if you put middle grey at 40IRE then it's around 540 ISO. From my personal testing, which is admittedly a little flawed as there is about a half stop difference between previous and current light meters, it looks like 9db is the new 0db and they added a half stop to the top and bottom. +12 is much noisier than the old +18db ever was. There seems to be about the same amount of latitude over middle grey and I haven't had the chance to really look at it but the camera seems to see way more into the shadows than before.

I'll have to look at some footage for real to see if these changes actually mean anything. It might just be trading sensitivity rating for noise floor tolerance, however there do seem to be some definite improvements in the way the camera handles blacks.

Thanks Howie, got the update loaded in the computer, but needed a Allen key to get the cage off to access the hdmi connection.
    Tools are back in the studio, so will shoot some before/after shots tomorrow when I can get to mr tools.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by core_50 View Post
    i'm not at 4.7 and have those dots too (hot pixels?)
    Just tested and can confirm now that this is not a sensor dust. It is odd bug in firmware 4.7.
    Here is link to RAW samples shoot with different firmware and different shutter angles: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ivmas61n2d..._test.zip?dl=0

Last edited by shijan; 11-16-2017 at 05:22 AM.

I made a thread on the official forum Shijan, go back me up

Edit - oh you already have. Ty!!

Quote Originally Posted by Taikonaut View Post
    I'm planning to use the Micfro Cinema with a web presenter. I wish they have the ability to output LUTs like the Ursa Mini.
    Not sure if/how it fits your workflow but what I do about that is I have the Micro onto a BM Decklink Mini Recorder then I use OBS which at it's latest version allows for LUTs as well as basic color correction.

Taikonaut, the Micro Studio Camera would be a better fit for live streaming with the WP, as it outputs great looking Rec709 color gamut, so no need for a LUT.

Anyone willing to make a video going over the new features for the Micro Studio and Micro Cine?

Stealth feature, focus assist turns on if the menu is open and the overlays are off. Super super handy when I'm using my MCC as a streaming camera.