Thread: Camera Update 4.7

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Camera Update 4.7 
    Holy Cow! Not getting to bed early tonight. Thanks BM.

Ditto that!!

oh my god some micro love

"About Blackmagic Camera Utility
    Welcome to the Blackmagic Camera Setup!
    This software package allows you to update your Blackmagic Camera to the latest software release for new features, bug fixes and other enhancements.

The software installer no longer installs the Desktop Video or UltraScope applications and they will need to be downloaded separately from the Blackmagic Design website: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support

To use UltraScope via Thunderbolt with Blackmagic Cinema Camera or Production Camera 4K, download and install the Blackmagic UltraScope software. If you want to use Media Express with the supported cameras, download and install the Blackmagic Desktop Video software.

Please ensure that your device is plugged into mains power before running the software update. For users updating URSA Mini from 4.0 or above it is advisable to export your presets and LUT’s onto a card as they will be removed during this update.

What's new in Blackmagic Camera Setup 4.7

New Features for Micro Studio Camera 4K
    Added 720p50, 720p59.94 and 720p60 format support.
    Improved sensor exposure sensitivity by 2 stops.
    Added new gain setting range which now goes from -12dB to +12dB. ATEM will need a new software update to access these new ranges via Blackmagic SDI Control Protocol.
    Added RAW SDI output feature. Refer to the user manual for information about capturing and unpacking RAW SDI video.
    Added support for PTZ communication on Expansion port via VISCA. Refer to the user manual for protocol details.
    Added support for PTZ commands in the Blackmagic SDI Control Protocol.
    Added preview tally support for the front tally light.
    Added tally indication on the HDMI display overlay.
    Added indication to the user that camera is genlocked on the HDMI display overlay.
    Added option to change camera frame rate via S.Bus.
    Added option to toggle auto focus via S.Bus.
    Added option to toggle record via S.Bus for external recorders.
    Added feature to pass through remote record commands as SDI and HDMI record triggers for external recorders.

New features for Micro Cinema Camera
    Added record start/stop trigger on HDMI output.
    Added HDMI timecode output support.
    Added indication to the user that camera is genlocked in the HDMI display overlay.
    Added option to change frame rate settings via S.Bus.
    Added option to change codec settings via S.Bus.
    Added option to toggle auto focus via S.Bus.
    Fixed issue with a small vertical pixel offset between HDMI output and RAW recording on Micro Cinema Camera.

Minimum system requirements for macOS
    macOS High Sierra 10.13 or better
    macOS Sierra 10.12 or better
    A suitable USB 2.0 port
    Thunderbolt port for UltraScope and Media Express when using Blackmagic Cinema Camera or Blackmagic Production Camera 4K
    Minimum system requirements for Windows
    Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit
    Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit
    A suitable USB 2.0 port
    A suitable Thunderbolt port when using Blackmagic Cinema Camera or Blackmagic Production Camera 4K
    Installing Blackmagic Camera Utility
    Before installing the software on Windows, we recommend that you run "Uninstall Blackmagic Camera Setup” first.

The Blackmagic Camera Installer package installs:
    Blackmagic Camera Setup
    Uninstall Blackmagic Camera Setup
    User Manuals
    While installing Camera Update on URSA Mini and URSA Mini Pro you may notice a pause around the 10% mark in the install process, this is normal and will continue installing after around 20 seconds.

After loading the software on the Blackmagic Cinema Camera PL, EF or MFT, you may notice a slight flickering on the built-in LCD screen. This is normal and expected behavior. The flickering will go away after a few minutes of operation.

Additional Information
    Some applications may use third party code under license. For details please refer to the included "Third Party Licenses.rtf" document.

© 2017 Blackmagic Design Pty. Ltd. All rights reserved. Blackmagic Design, Blackmagic, DeckLink, Multibridge, HDLink, Videohub, and "Leading the creative video revolution" are trademarks of Blackmagic Design Pty. Ltd., registered in the U.S.A and other countries."

Does the "vertical pixel offset" fix mean that we no longer need to shift the pan and tilt by 0.5? or is this simply a viewing fix?

I'm planning to use the Micfro Cinema with a web presenter. I wish they have the ability to output LUTs like the Ursa Mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    Does the "vertical pixel offset" fix mean that we no longer need to shift the pan and tilt by 0.5? or is this simply a viewing fix?
    from my quick test i can't seem to see the crosshatching pattern. zooming in, zooming out. can't see it.

So i'd say it seems fixed. can others test it out if they get a chance?

This one sure caught me by surprise tonight! Great update, thanks BM.
    Homie, do you think the increase sensitivity update,on the Micro Studio, going from -12to +12db in gain, is adjusting the native ISO from the previous 100 to 400? Before 0 gain was ISO100 now that is -12, so 0 is ISO 400. We should see a cleaner image at 400 than previously?
    Cheers

Ok. 17 S.Bus channels support is great and makes all existing controllers with fixed buttons outdated
    But after so long time there is still no clear 16:9 output without safe zones This is the main thing that many users ask for this camera. Just add one more line to the menu. 16:9 WITHOUT safe zones. Just full sensor output with information overlays. Why are they forced us to use cropped 1.85:1 for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    from my quick test i can't seem to see the crosshatching pattern. zooming in, zooming out. can't see it.

So i'd say it seems fixed. can others test it out if they get a chance?
    No, crosshatching NOT fixed in 4.7 update.

bummer, welp guess Ill keep complaining

perhaps it's just the surface I tested on but I can't seem to see it.

Are you using 14.1 Shijan?
    Last edited by Ryanite; 11-15-2017 at 06:46 AM.

Whoa whoa whoa, RAW output from the Micro4k!? I’m so curious about how that looks. That’s so badass!