Thread: Camera updates 4.5

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I just downloaded the 4.5 update for my Ursa Mini 4.6k and it says that the v4.4 on my camera is the latest. Is this only an update for the Pro or something?

camUtility.JPG

camUtilityVers.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Kyron View Post
    I just downloaded the 4.5 update for my Ursa Mini 4.6k and it says that the v4.4 on my camera is the latest. Is this only an update for the Pro or something?
    Yes. As stated in the release notes it is for the Ursa Mini Pro only so far.

Thanks kgimedia. Well that's a bitter pill to swallow. Haven't even had this camera a year and we're already left in the dust :\
    Unless BM has communicated otherwise somewhere? You said "so far", so have you heard something?

The audio monitoring latency fix alone had me rushing to the download link. What a massive disappointment.

Clearly the need of the many outweighs the need of a few does not apply with BMD. Mini 4.6k owners already felt betrayed by what is essentially a beta camera to the UM Pro. Fair enough they bought it when it was not but I'm sure they would have liked to have been offered a discount towards purchasing the UM Pro as they have done for Big Ursa owners. Now every improvements is focussed on the UM Pro with fewer owners. When both cameras share many core features you would think the Mini 4.6k is less complicated to implement basic improvement such as latency and compatibility with SSD module but even that the UM Pro gets it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Taikonaut View Post
    Clearly the need of the many outweighs the need of a few does not apply with BMD. Mini 4.6k owners already felt betrayed by what is essentially a beta camera to the UM Pro. Fair enough they bought it when it was not but I'm sure they would have liked to have been offered a discount towards purchasing the UM Pro as they have done for Big Ursa owners. Now every improvements is focussed on the UM Pro with fewer owners. When both cameras share many core features you would think the Mini 4.6k is less complicated to implement basic improvement such as latency and compatibility with SSD module but even that the UM Pro gets it first.
    It is coming to the OG Ursa Mini... BMD is doing everything they can to do these things and to get it out there as fast as possible is to release it when it is done. Do you think it is better they hold back the working firmware update for the Pro, so they can launce the update at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by gamingkingx View Post
    It is coming to the OG Ursa Mini... BMD is doing everything they can to do these things and to get it out there as fast as possible is to release it when it is done. Do you think it is better they hold back the working firmware update for the Pro, so they can launce the update at the same time?
    I agree they have a pattern of pushing updates to the newest cameras and if possible releasing the next update to include older cameras.