Thread: Red Raven

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38
  1. #31  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesherrick View Post
    Then if the UMP is too cheap and the Alexa Mini too expensive, then Scarlet W or Varicam LT probably best bet. Varicam35 has been gaining some traction. The LT has a lot of what that offers at lower price point. I think Scarlet W if some of its negative attributes don't bother you. It's a great camera. and probably best bang for your buck in the RED world.

    Or buy 2 UMP if you need a backup for reliability issues. Lots of choices between $5-20K. Ultimately only you know what will work for your needs. But at that budget, I'd be looking Scarlet W or Varicam LT.
    2 UMPs sounds like a good solution. Seriously that Varicam 35 is amazing and the LT has the same sensor. It also supports the 4K Raw Odyssey7Q, so you should be able to get the most out of it. It seems like all the new Netflix shows that I've been watching are shot on the 35. DPs are gravitating towards it over the RED.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #32  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInternet View Post
    2 UMPs sounds like a good solution. Seriously that Varicam 35 is amazing and the LT has the same sensor. It also supports the 4K Raw Odyssey7Q, so you should be able to get the most out of it. It seems like all the new Netflix shows that I've been watching are shot on the 35. DPs are gravitating towards it over the RED.
    Off topic, but is your username a reference to IT Crowd?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #33  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Finnigan View Post
    Off topic, but is your username a reference to IT Crowd?
    Nah, I don't know what that is.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #34  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInternet View Post
    Nah, I don't know what that is.

    It's a BBC Comedy (with lots of dry humor) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDbyYGrswtg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #35  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    533
    After much debate. We are getting the Red Scarlet W!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #36  
    Senior Member LochnessDigital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    509
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Finnigan View Post
    After much debate. We are getting the Red Scarlet W!!!
    Welcome to the DSMC2 dark side, my friend.

    Just a heads up, there will soon be a group buy for Tilta cages/modules for DSMC2 cameras.

    Something to consider. This could be an inexpensive way to get a battery mount, top/bottom plates, top handles, offset monitor mount with extension cable, power distribution and SDI distribution. The RED base expander is $1750, and will need the battery plate to go with it, which is another $595. Yes, they have the V-Lock I/O expander, which is $1900, but since it is one combined piece, it means you can only use narrow batteries, because they will hit on the right side. I actually can't confirm the separate pieces will mitigate this issue, but it certainly looks like it will add clearance. The Tilta stuff is going to be "heavily discounted" according to Chris. If you go this route, note that the dovetail that the baseplate connects to is not ARRI standard, it's Tilta's own lightweight plate.
    Aaron Lochert
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #37  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    If you go with the S-W, I have a brand new/sealed RED Mini-Mag reader (USB 3.1/3.0/eSATA) for $145 if interested. Save $50, lol.

    (Still in the FedEx box.)
    Sent you a PM
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #38  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by LochnessDigital View Post
    Welcome to the DSMC2 dark side, my friend.

    Just a heads up, there will soon be a group buy for Tilta cages/modules for DSMC2 cameras.

    Something to consider. This could be an inexpensive way to get a battery mount, top/bottom plates, top handles, offset monitor mount with extension cable, power distribution and SDI distribution. The RED base expander is $1750, and will need the battery plate to go with it, which is another $595. Yes, they have the V-Lock I/O expander, which is $1900, but since it is one combined piece, it means you can only use narrow batteries, because they will hit on the right side. I actually can't confirm the separate pieces will mitigate this issue, but it certainly looks like it will add clearance. The Tilta stuff is going to be "heavily discounted" according to Chris. If you go this route, note that the dovetail that the baseplate connects to is not ARRI standard, it's Tilta's own lightweight plate.


    I'm definitely going to get in on that.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. The new RED RAVEN has landed...
    By JLdp in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-08-2016, 06:01 PM
  2. The new RED RAVEN has landed...
    By JLdp in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-04-2016, 09:03 PM
  3. ***RED Raven Footage***
    By NorBro in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 236
    Last Post: 02-14-2016, 04:08 PM
  4. RED RAVEN now is 4.5k
    By JLdp in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 12-15-2015, 10:57 AM
  5. Red Raven Specs Released...What do we think?
    By cinebuddy in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-23-2015, 02:32 AM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •