Thread: Edelkrone Wing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Price looks fine to me considering their known quality of build.

Question with Edelkrone is, is it as good as it seems. If yes it's a great tool for Pocket and Micro.

Price is absolutely fair, everyone who complains about it can buy the knock off that falls apart after couple uses.

I'll only speak about what I know. We have the Edelkrone SliderPlus medium and it's very well built in general and you can see and feel that each element was well crafted. However there are some inherent problems the slider has, like the lock in the central piece: it's just like a switch a so easy to unlock you might not even notice when you place your hand in that part, they should have opted for a screw, or something more efficient; the belt is also always coming off and becomes loose after 2 days of regular use, very annoying; the screws holes to attach the action module don't align with it by a hair, which is enough to fail in the first tries (in the meanwhile, I learnt that it's easier to first place the screws, force the module into its position and then finish tightening the screws), this again could have some sort of a quick lock built in, I can't imagine it would cost much more to do that research and manufacturing. However, with all this, I still think it's a great little motorised slider and get's the job done.

We also acquired a flex tilt head but this time we opted for a knockoff. Why? It was so much cheaper than the edelkrone (we paid $25 including shipping instead of $120), it was a no brainer; if it were that bad, we would forget about the 25 bucks and try the edelkrone, so why not? It looks exactly the same as the FlexTilt head and is really sturdy, all metal construction, we put it at the angle we want and it holds the camera really well, comes with a hex key to adjust the firmness but never had to use it. I'm not saying it will be the same with this Wing thingy here, but my experience so far tells me it's worth a try. I've also seen some of those SliderPlus knockoffs and they do seem pretty bad, but the engineering in the Wing is much more simpler and kind of hard to miss, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by tyger11 View Post
    The people I've seen discussing it are universally disgusted that it has no motor, yet all the product videos of it showing it moving on its own.
    wow. very misleading video.

Agree with Frank, they are missing out on a chunck of the market and need to support larger setups.

Ithw wing has been on the came website for a few weeks now http://www.came-tv.com/cametv-foldin...l02-p-830.html
    Lee MJ Daley

DP, Animator, Finishing Artist

leemjdaley.com
    Instagram