Thread: Public Beta 4.0 Released

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    For those of you who cares: My 18-35mm sigma didn't work (2 years old) on the 4.0 FW.
    I bought the USB sigma dock and updated the FW on the lens and now it does work!
    Last edited by Eli Hershko; 08-17-2016 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrycel View Post
    I noticed that the 5600k preset has a tint of +10, but the 3200K preset has no tint at all. Does the sensor shift green in daylight but not under tungsten?
    This is based on common colour science used by Adobe and many others. If you look at Adobe presets in camera RAW, or the Resolve WB presets you will notice the same thing. Daylight is green compared to a black body radiator (tungsten) and the daylight locus is used for temperatures above 4000K. This has been done in BM cameras since the first BMCC. If you shoot RAW in say the BMCC and select the various WB options you will notice bringing it into Resolve tint is close to +10 for 4000K and above (it's never exactly 10 due to rounding error) and close to '0' tint for below.

Here's the daylight locus compared to the Planckian (tungsten). Notice it's "greener" and therefore would need a tint adjustment towards magenta to compensate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_illuminant

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrycel View Post
    I love the the roll numbering, but how do I manually change it to start back at A001?
    In the slate use the left/right arrows for reel or tap the number and enter a new number with the keyboard. The reel will otherwise auto-increment every time you format a card. The camera index / letter is under slate->project.
    Blackmagic Design
    My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Quote Originally Posted by Eli Hershko View Post
    For those of you who cares: My 18-35mm sigma didn't work (2 years old) on the 4.0 FW.
    I bought the USB sigma dock and updated the FW on the lens and now it does work!
    This confirms the issue with the Sigma zooms is the older lens FW being the issue with UM FW 4.0 update.
    Cheers

So I just noticed an amazing feature. It now records full lens data in the metadata. Including focal length (on zooms too), aperture and focus distance (!!!). No more camera reports)) At least it works with my Sigma Art zooms.

Quote Originally Posted by elnarvideo View Post
    So I just noticed an amazing feature. It now records full lens data in the metadata. Including focal length (on zooms too), aperture and focus distance (!!!). No more camera reports)) At least it works with my Sigma Art zooms.
    Very cool. For some reason, our Zeiss Milvus 50mm is showing up as a "Sigma 50mm DG HSM". Tested the 21mm and the 85mm and they report the same. Wish that the F1 / F2 buttons were easier to locate by touch in the dark. Coming from the full sized broadcast camera world, it's nice to find buttons by memory in the dark instantly.
    Last edited by Guy Cochran; 08-17-2016 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aatmoss View Post
    I have FM Lens and Schneider Cinelux 2x. 3k anamorphic and desqueeze works. I'll make some simple test shoot with it today!
    Attachment 20592

Attachment 20593
    This was shot before fw4.0 in prores422hq / 3840x2160 and opened and graded in 2880x1620 sequence in Premiere. (I downscaled it 1920x1080 for the message board.)
    Awesome, thanks! please share any footage you shoot with it. I actually just yesterday bought a cinelux 2x too because there was a really good deal on eBay.
    What's the widest lens you can use in 3k anamorphic mode with the cinelux before you get vignetting? I wanted to get the FM lens too but it seems they don't sell it anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Cochran View Post
    Very cool. For some reason, our Zeiss Milvus 50mm is showing up as a "Sigma 50mm DG HSM". Tested the 21mm and the 85mm and they report the same. Wish that the F1 / F2 buttons were easier to locate by touch in the dark. Coming from the full sized broadcast camera world, it's nice to find buttons by memory in the dark instantly.
    Nice video!
    also, if you swipe on the LCD screen in an up/down motion you can toggle between the screen going "clean" without any of the guides/iso/iris etc on or off as oppose to side swipe to toggle the data mata screens on/off

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
    This is based on common colour science used by Adobe and many others. If you look at Adobe presets in camera RAW, or the Resolve WB presets you will notice the same thing. Daylight is green compared to a black body radiator (tungsten) and the daylight locus is used for temperatures above 4000K. This has been done in BM cameras since the first BMCC. If you shoot RAW in say the BMCC and select the various WB options you will notice bringing it into Resolve tint is close to +10 for 4000K and above (it's never exactly 10 due to rounding error) and close to '0' tint for below.

Here's the daylight locus compared to the Planckian (tungsten). Notice it's "greener" and therefore would need a tint adjustment towards magenta to compensate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_illuminant

In the slate use the left/right arrows for reel or tap the number and enter a new number with the keyboard. The reel will otherwise auto-increment every time you format a card. The camera index / letter is under slate->project.
    Thanks for the explanation Hook! All makes sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken View Post
    Awesome, thanks! please share any footage you shoot with it. I actually just yesterday bought a cinelux 2x too because there was a really good deal on eBay.
    What's the widest lens you can use in 3k anamorphic mode with the cinelux before you get vignetting? I wanted to get the FM lens too but it seems they don't sell it anymore
    I have played with my kowa 16D (2x) with a taking "pancacke" Yashica/contax Zeiss 45mm F2.8 on the ursa mini pre 3k anamorphic feature, this lens didn't cover the entire sensor but yesterday trying it on with the 3k anamorphic and desqueezing the image I got a full image which didn't vignette at all!
    I am so happy with this mode as I am shooting with the following setups:

1.Helio44m+KOWA 8Z+COREDNA rangefinder
    2.Y/C Zeiss 45mm+KOWA Prominar 16D + COREDNA rangefinder
    3.SILVER JUPITER 85mm +KOWA 8Z + COREDNA rangefinder

Quote Originally Posted by Eli Hershko View Post
    I have played with my kowa 16D (2x) with a taking "pancacke" Yashica/contax Zeiss 45mm F2.8 on the ursa mini pre 3k anamorphic feature, this lens didn't cover the entire sensor but yesterday trying it on with the 3k anamorphic and desqueezing the image I got a full image which didn't vignette at all!
    I am so happy with this mode as I am shooting with the following setups:

1.Helio44m+KOWA 8Z+COREDNA rangefinder
    2.Y/C Zeiss 45mm+KOWA Prominar 16D + COREDNA rangefinder
    3.SILVER JUPITER 85mm +KOWA 8Z + COREDNA rangefinder
    Nice! 45mm with no vignetting is great news. I wonder if something even wider would work. the 3k mode is cropped after all.

Please share some frame grabs, I would love to see how the Kowa looks on this camera.