Thread: Public Beta 4.0 Released

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 239
  1. #71  
    Senior Member Eli Hershko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    348
    For those of you who cares: My 18-35mm sigma didn't work (2 years old) on the 4.0 FW.
    I bought the USB sigma dock and updated the FW on the lens and now it does work!
    Last edited by Eli Hershko; 08-17-2016 at 04:25 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #72  
    Senior Member CaptainHook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,171
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbrycel View Post
    I noticed that the 5600k preset has a tint of +10, but the 3200K preset has no tint at all. Does the sensor shift green in daylight but not under tungsten?
    This is based on common colour science used by Adobe and many others. If you look at Adobe presets in camera RAW, or the Resolve WB presets you will notice the same thing. Daylight is green compared to a black body radiator (tungsten) and the daylight locus is used for temperatures above 4000K. This has been done in BM cameras since the first BMCC. If you shoot RAW in say the BMCC and select the various WB options you will notice bringing it into Resolve tint is close to +10 for 4000K and above (it's never exactly 10 due to rounding error) and close to '0' tint for below.

    Here's the daylight locus compared to the Planckian (tungsten). Notice it's "greener" and therefore would need a tint adjustment towards magenta to compensate.



    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_illuminant

    Quote Originally Posted by mrbrycel View Post
    I love the the roll numbering, but how do I manually change it to start back at A001?
    In the slate use the left/right arrows for reel or tap the number and enter a new number with the keyboard. The reel will otherwise auto-increment every time you format a card. The camera index / letter is under slate->project.
    Blackmagic Design
    My BMD LUTs.

    **Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #73  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    USA N. CA
    Posts
    2,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli Hershko View Post
    For those of you who cares: My 18-35mm sigma didn't work (2 years old) on the 4.0 FW.
    I bought the USB sigma dock and updated the FW on the lens and now it does work!
    This confirms the issue with the Sigma zooms is the older lens FW being the issue with UM FW 4.0 update.
    Cheers
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #74  
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles, USA
    Posts
    55
    So I just noticed an amazing feature. It now records full lens data in the metadata. Including focal length (on zooms too), aperture and focus distance (!!!). No more camera reports)) At least it works with my Sigma Art zooms.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #75  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by elnarvideo View Post
    So I just noticed an amazing feature. It now records full lens data in the metadata. Including focal length (on zooms too), aperture and focus distance (!!!). No more camera reports)) At least it works with my Sigma Art zooms.
    Very cool. For some reason, our Zeiss Milvus 50mm is showing up as a "Sigma 50mm DG HSM". Tested the 21mm and the 85mm and they report the same. Wish that the F1 / F2 buttons were easier to locate by touch in the dark. Coming from the full sized broadcast camera world, it's nice to find buttons by memory in the dark instantly.
    Last edited by Guy Cochran; 08-17-2016 at 06:27 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #76  
    Senior Member 4saken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Aatmoss View Post
    I have FM Lens and Schneider Cinelux 2x. 3k anamorphic and desqueeze works. I'll make some simple test shoot with it today!
    Attachment 20592

    Attachment 20593
    This was shot before fw4.0 in prores422hq / 3840x2160 and opened and graded in 2880x1620 sequence in Premiere. (I downscaled it 1920x1080 for the message board.)
    Awesome, thanks! please share any footage you shoot with it. I actually just yesterday bought a cinelux 2x too because there was a really good deal on eBay.
    What's the widest lens you can use in 3k anamorphic mode with the cinelux before you get vignetting? I wanted to get the FM lens too but it seems they don't sell it anymore
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #77  
    Senior Member Eli Hershko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Cochran View Post
    Very cool. For some reason, our Zeiss Milvus 50mm is showing up as a "Sigma 50mm DG HSM". Tested the 21mm and the 85mm and they report the same. Wish that the F1 / F2 buttons were easier to locate by touch in the dark. Coming from the full sized broadcast camera world, it's nice to find buttons by memory in the dark instantly.
    Nice video!
    also, if you swipe on the LCD screen in an up/down motion you can toggle between the screen going "clean" without any of the guides/iso/iris etc on or off as oppose to side swipe to toggle the data mata screens on/off
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #78  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
    This is based on common colour science used by Adobe and many others. If you look at Adobe presets in camera RAW, or the Resolve WB presets you will notice the same thing. Daylight is green compared to a black body radiator (tungsten) and the daylight locus is used for temperatures above 4000K. This has been done in BM cameras since the first BMCC. If you shoot RAW in say the BMCC and select the various WB options you will notice bringing it into Resolve tint is close to +10 for 4000K and above (it's never exactly 10 due to rounding error) and close to '0' tint for below.

    Here's the daylight locus compared to the Planckian (tungsten). Notice it's "greener" and therefore would need a tint adjustment towards magenta to compensate.



    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_illuminant



    In the slate use the left/right arrows for reel or tap the number and enter a new number with the keyboard. The reel will otherwise auto-increment every time you format a card. The camera index / letter is under slate->project.
    Thanks for the explanation Hook! All makes sense now.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #79  
    Senior Member Eli Hershko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by 4saken View Post
    Awesome, thanks! please share any footage you shoot with it. I actually just yesterday bought a cinelux 2x too because there was a really good deal on eBay.
    What's the widest lens you can use in 3k anamorphic mode with the cinelux before you get vignetting? I wanted to get the FM lens too but it seems they don't sell it anymore
    I have played with my kowa 16D (2x) with a taking "pancacke" Yashica/contax Zeiss 45mm F2.8 on the ursa mini pre 3k anamorphic feature, this lens didn't cover the entire sensor but yesterday trying it on with the 3k anamorphic and desqueezing the image I got a full image which didn't vignette at all!
    I am so happy with this mode as I am shooting with the following setups:

    1.Helio44m+KOWA 8Z+COREDNA rangefinder
    2.Y/C Zeiss 45mm+KOWA Prominar 16D + COREDNA rangefinder
    3.SILVER JUPITER 85mm +KOWA 8Z + COREDNA rangefinder
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #80  
    Senior Member 4saken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli Hershko View Post
    I have played with my kowa 16D (2x) with a taking "pancacke" Yashica/contax Zeiss 45mm F2.8 on the ursa mini pre 3k anamorphic feature, this lens didn't cover the entire sensor but yesterday trying it on with the 3k anamorphic and desqueezing the image I got a full image which didn't vignette at all!
    I am so happy with this mode as I am shooting with the following setups:

    1.Helio44m+KOWA 8Z+COREDNA rangefinder
    2.Y/C Zeiss 45mm+KOWA Prominar 16D + COREDNA rangefinder
    3.SILVER JUPITER 85mm +KOWA 8Z + COREDNA rangefinder
    Nice! 45mm with no vignetting is great news. I wonder if something even wider would work. the 3k mode is cropped after all.

    Please share some frame grabs, I would love to see how the Kowa looks on this camera.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Sept 1st Update - DaVinci Resolve Public Beta 4 Released
    By Peter Chamberlain in forum DaVinci Resolve
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-03-2015, 01:22 PM
  2. DaVinci Resolve 11 public beta
    By Peter Chamberlain in forum DaVinci Resolve
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 07-24-2014, 04:59 AM
  3. Update - Release of DaVinci Resolve 11 public beta 2
    By Peter Chamberlain in forum DaVinci Resolve
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-18-2014, 02:13 PM
  4. PluralEyes 3.5 public beta
    By kgimedia in forum Workflow
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2014, 02:38 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •