Thread: Ursa Mini 4.6k supply availability

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I placed an order for my 4.6k Ursa Mini on May 20th through Adorama in NYC. It's been on backorder since the day I placed it. After numerous calls to both Adorama and BlackMagic, I was left without any answers. But recently I spoke to 1Source Video which is the US distributor and was told that they should be shipping out from Australia sometime next week to begin fulfilling the backorders. The path is Australia to California to clear customs, then to either AZ for West Coast distribution or NJ for East Coast.

The super nice receptionist lady at 1Source said it was a technical issue that caused delay and readily agreed when I spoke up about the magenta issue with the sensor. Not sure if that's the real reason or if I mistakenly put words in her mouth so she could agree with me and move on with her day.

(First post .... Hello everybody. Ive been lurking in limbo for a few weeks now awaiting my approval to post.)

Very interesting stuff Land, thank you.

Ordered my mini 4.6k ef from B&H on June 1st 2016. It came in stock yesterday(July 14th) and is shipping out today.

I wonder how your camera will look as it may be one from a "new" batch.

I preordered my 4.6k ef in the middle of February from Germany. I have everything else at home already but I'm still waiting the camera itself. I hope I'll get it before August.

so i emailed BMD directly to find out answers but haven't gotten no response. From my original purchased on may 26 2016, due date went from june 15th 2016, to june 30th 2016, to july 15th 2016 (today) now i just got off the phone with me my re seller and their system states the next due date is August 25th 2016. **** it. i am not waiting. I am going in tomorrow to cancel my order because i wont make it in time today. and to still get no response from BMD is BS. Im talking mt money elsewhere and done with BMD and this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by linell roy View Post
    ...done with BMD and this forum.
    You may want to give the forum a little more time, like more than one post. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by d shay View Post
    Ordered my mini 4.6k ef from B&H on June 1st 2016. It came in stock yesterday(July 14th) and is shipping out today.
    That's great news. Hopefully Adorama received some units with that shipment. I ordered mine mid May.

I called 1Source Video again this morning and they confirmed that Blackmagic did start sending out shipments again early last week. Unfortunately, they didn't know to where and how many.

The Big URSA 4.6K PL also has an expected availability of July 23 2016 on B&H.

It's been like that for a few weeks...probably will change when the date approaches.