Thread: Anybody try these very cheap 128 Cfast cards?

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Hi everyone, I'm Lee Miller of www.biwin.co.uk. I finally got my account approved for this forum. Thanks to EYu for re-posting my message from the other site's forum. Any questions or comments, please email me at lee@biwin.co.uk - I'm available as long as I'm awake. I'm actually going to sleep now, I'm in the UTC+7 timezone at the moment, so goodnight!

Hey Lee, welcome to the BMCUSER forum.

Hi EYu, thanks very much

Its been 2 months since I received all 4 256gb Biwin c-fast cards. I reported on another post of skip frames I was getting a week or so ago when recording in 4K 3:1 RAW at 60fps and 24fps. That was on just one of the cards. This week I had a few personal projects I was working on. I needed a lot of footage and I actually used all 4 Biwin 256gb and 2 SanDisk 128gb CFast cards. I was filming in 4K 3:1 RAW only at 24fps all throughout the time. I am so disappointed to find that all the recordings on all 4 Biwin cards had dropped frames. Some had more while others less. I tried to contact Biwin and I still yet to hear from them. I admit this was a penny wise pound foolish decision on my part and at this juncture I am thinking that it will be unrealistic to expect any replacement on the cards from Biwin as I ordered it directly from their store in China. If any of you encounter this situation and successfully got it remediated please share a tip or two. Meanwhile I am going to look for some Lexar 3400 to use. The recordings on the SanDisk were fine that I was able to have something to work with. Reliability and consistency is important with media.
    Last edited by EYu; 10-08-2016 at 02:07 AM.

Just out of curiosity, why did you keep recording, when they drop frames?

If any card would drop frames on my set, I would immediately quarantine it, and use an other card.

Hi there, I just noticed this new post. That's painful to read, sorry EYu. I have no clue as to why they were dropping frames at that resolution and FPS because they should support them even with single card use. You know you can email me directly at lee@biwin.co.uk to get a guaranteed reply, usually right away. Please allow me to get them exchanged for you. Send me an email and I'll arrange it for you.

Check www.biwin.co.uk for my timezone's time and whether I'm awake or not. Yes, that is a new feature I added yesterday ;-)
    Last edited by Lee Miller; 10-08-2016 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Glencairn View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why did you keep recording, when they drop frames?

If any card would drop frames on my set, I would immediately quarantine it, and use an other card.
    Hey Frank, I was a one man band that day and was out taking some beach scene with a couple of friends as the actors. I set the shot, roll the camera, called action and was directing the acting and operating the camera. It was all for personal use so it's typical that after I set the shot and cam is rolling I would not necessarily be just operating the camera and watching the monitor... Most as fixed shots. I did notice the last of the 4 cards having dropped frames and that was when I switched to the SanDisk. Time was running out. I really noticed it when I transferred the clips from the cards over to the computer and in the media pool in Resolve. By then it was too late. So there you go. Agree with you that if I had the opportunity to check on set, I would have changed the card and quarantined it. They're now quarantined.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Miller View Post
    Hi there, I just noticed this new post. That's painful to read, sorry EYu. I have no clue as to why they were dropping frames at that resolution and FPS because they should support them even with single card use. You know you can email me directly at lee@biwin.co.uk to get a guaranteed reply, usually right away. Please allow me to get them exchanged for you. Send me an email and I'll arrange it for you.

Check www.biwin.co.uk for my timezone's time and whether I'm awake or not. Yes, that is a new feature I added yesterday ;-)
    Thanks Lee. I appreciate the help. I didn't buy it from you so I figured that there is probably nothing you can do... Plus I am in the USA. I agree the cards should support them and when I got them 2 months ago, they were fine. I even posted test results in this thread. Maybe they were just bad copies from the same manufacturing batch. Hard to tell. Just speculating. I'll check your TZ and PM you later.

There's always something I can do ;-) I saw the post about the hot operating environment and I wonder if the cards had been tested under such conditions in the factory - perhaps not. I guess your case could be the start of a new research project, I hope so. I've spoken to BiWin in China and told them about it and they're currently having a meeting as I write this. I'll discuss it further with my friend over there and get back to you with any updates. I check this page a few times a day but you're always welcome to message me. Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Miller View Post
    There's always something I can do ;-) I saw the post about the hot operating environment and I wonder if the cards had been tested under such conditions in the factory - perhaps not. I guess your case could be the start of a new research project, I hope so. I've spoken to BiWin in China and told them about it and they're currently having a meeting as I write this. I'll discuss it further with my friend over there and get back to you with any updates. I check this page a few times a day but you're always welcome to message me. Take care.
    Hey Lee, as mentioned earlier, I sent you a private message. Look at the results.