Thread: Anybody try these very cheap 128 Cfast cards?

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Alibaba is a whole sale website. Generally sellers there are not interested in selling directly to the consumer in smaller quantities. The only way to get small orders from most sellers is to pretend to be a reseller wanting to source a sample. If that's too unethical for you go to eBay and pay ridiculous prices.

Or if enough people here are interested in these cards maybe we can get a group buy going but that would mean one person would have to put in the order for all the cards because I'm pretty sure Biwin wants to avoid sending out single or two cards to 30 different people.
    Last edited by 4saken; 08-15-2016 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken View Post
    Alibaba is a whole sale website. Generally sellers there are not interested in selling directly to the consumer in smaller quantities. The only way to get small orders from most sellers is to pretend to be a reseller wanting to source a sample. If that's too unethical for you go to eBay and pay ridiculous prices.

Or if enough people here are interested in these cards maybe we can get a group buy going but that would mean one person would have to put in the order for all the cards because I'm pretty sure Biwin wants to avoid sending out single or two cards to 30 different people.
    Well generally Alibaba is a whole sale site. But I did not have to pretend to be a reseller to make the purchase. The sales person just as how many I wanted to order and he was contented at the amount I ordered. I didn't just purchased 1 or 2 so I think you've got the picture.

So my Biwin CFast cards arrived yesterday. I have not done the camera test and will be doing so in the next couple of day. However I did a BM speed test and put them on the URSA for a quick check. The URSA read and write to it just fine at 4K 24fps but as I said, I will still be doing the capture test in the upcoming days. The BM speed test average at 260.4 MB/s and my speculation is that it will just do fine up to 4K 3:1 Raw but possibly start to drop frames on ProRes 4444XQ and 4K 1:1 at greater than 30 fps. But more to come. 4Saken has reported almost the same numbers. I also let the cards write/read in loops for about 8 minutes. The center of the card gets hot to the touch as previously reported. Overall, so far the units arrived with no issues and at about $75 a piece for 256Gb, which I got 4 (and a few more on order). I think it is worth for perosnal use being 4 for the price of 1 new 128 Gb Lexar.

cfast_biwin.jpg

[QUOTE=EYu;218974]So my Biwin CFast cards arrived yesterday. I have not done the camera test and will be doing so in the next couple of day. However I did a BM speed test and put them on the URSA for a quick check. The URSA read and write to it just fine at 4K 24fps but as I said, I will still be doing the capture test in the upcoming days. The BM speed test average at 260.4 MB/s and my speculation is that it will just do fine up to 4K 3:1 Raw but possibly start to drop frames on ProRes 4444XQ and 4K 1:1 at greater than 30 fps. But more to come. 4Saken has reported almost the same numbers. I also let the cards write/read in loops for about 8 minutes. The center of the card gets hot to the touch as previously reported. Overall, so far the units arrived with no issues and at about $75 a piece for 256Gb, which I got 4 (and a few more on order). I think it is worth for perosnal use being 4 for the price of 1 new 128 Gb Lexar.

Check to see if the cards work in dual card mode. I got the Delkin Devices 4k 256 gb cards and they don't work in the second slot(transcend card does). The Delkin cards also write at about 250mb/s.

Quote Originally Posted by d shay View Post
    Check to see if the cards work in dual card mode. I got the Delkin Devices 4k 256 gb cards and they don't work in the second slot(transcend card does). The Delkin cards also write at about 250mb/s.
    I will check on that as well see if I get the higher frame rates when in Dual mode. I was however able to format the cards from the camera on both slots. More to come...

Well good for you, I tried much of the same yesterday with Alibaba and Daisy from Biwin told me go fly a kite, and I was trying to buy ten of the 256GB.
    Are you able to order more? Would you order for others?
    Last edited by chervas; 08-24-2016 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chervas View Post
    Well good for you, I tried much of the same yesterday with Alibaba and Daisy from Biwin told me go fly a kite, and I was trying to buy ten of the 256GB.
    Are you able to order more? Would you order for others?
    Look, by the time it will be priced out that is beneficial to me and everyone, you'll be paying almost what Ebay vendors are charging. I do take local orders only from people who I know with bank LC arrangement who then resells them as private label (I think) in very small quantities through Ebay or their customers. BTW, the price went up so I am not getting the old price anymore. As I said before, the old price was from a previous PI that Biwin agreed to fulfill. Ebay may be your best second place and still save a few bucks.

The biwin cards work fine in dual card mode. I tested that and was able to record full raw at up to 30 fps. at 60fps I was getting dropped frames after about a minute. so for some quick take slomo shots this might even be an option.

But in 3:1 & 4:1 raw and dual card mode you can record all possible resolutions and frame rates that the 4.6k has to offer. I didn't try ProRes 4444XQ, that might not work at 60fps since you can't do Prores in dual card mode.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken View Post
    The biwin cards work fine in dual card mode. I tested that and was able to record full raw at up to 30 fps. at 60fps I was getting dropped frames after about a minute. so for some quick take slomo shots this might even be an option.

But in 3:1 & 4:1 raw and dual card mode you can record all possible resolutions and frame rates that the 4.6k has to offer. I didn't try ProRes 4444XQ, that might not work at 60fps since you can't do Prores in dual card mode.
    4saken, thanks a lot for all your testing and reporting of your results. I ordered 4 of the 256GB base in your experience with the cards. Lee Miller, the gentlemen selling the cards in eBay, has impeccable costumer service.

Quote Originally Posted by chervas View Post
    4saken, thanks a lot for all your testing and reporting of your results. I ordered 4 of the 256GB base in your experience with the cards. Lee Miller, the gentlemen selling the cards in eBay, has impeccable costumer service.
    No worries, I hope the cards work great for you. Report back when you gave them a try!