Thread: Anybody try these very cheap 128 Cfast cards?

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh View Post
    Do not send via Friends/Family. You receive zero protection from PayPal with that kind of payment. You are purchasing goods, so should make a payment for Goods & Services. Alibaba should then enter the shipping tracking information into the transaction details when they ship your purchase. If you never receive a tracking number that shows it was delivered to you then PayPal will refund your money. That's the only way to get protection with PayPal.
    Thanks Mikeh. Well, it's not via Alibaba anymore since Biwin replied to the Alibaba request via email. The email that came from Biwin had a proforma invoice and an email address to remit payment via PayPal. I've never done this before so what you're saying is that in Paypal there is a way I can select to pay for Goods and Services and then enter the email address they provided me to make the payment? Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by EYu View Post
    Price just went up from just a few days ago and they've not been shipping... must have a lot of people pre-ordering.
    They've been shipping, just slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by EYu View Post
    Thanks Mikeh. Well, it's not via Alibaba anymore since Biwin replied to the Alibaba request via email. The email that came from Biwin had a proforma invoice and an email address to remit payment via PayPal. I've never done this before so what you're saying is that in Paypal there is a way I can select to pay for Goods and Services and then enter the email address they provided me to make the payment? Yes?
    Yes. Whether it's Alibaba or some guy off Craigslist, eBay, or these forums, the only way to start to protect yourself with a PayPal payment is to make a Goods & Services payment. Friends/Family payments give you zero protection.

Thanks again Mikeh. I just ordered from them. Hopefully it will get to me in a week or so. There are 2 model numbers for the Biwin 256gb CFast cards - F6308 and F6208. The one the sales guy suggested that I get was the F6308 and by the spec he sent has the faster write speeds.

How are you able to order these cards? I've sent multiple inquiries to biwin through alibaba and my request to purchase have been repeatedly denied.
    Last edited by plplayer; 08-15-2016 at 05:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by plplayer View Post
    How are you able to order these cards? I've sent multiple inquiries to biwin through alibaba and my request to purchase have been repeatedly denied.
    Make up some bullshit story about wanting to become a reseller on eBay and you want to order a couple of samples before you put in a big order.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken View Post
    Make up some bullshit story about wanting to become a reseller on eBay and you want to order a couple of samples before you put in a big order.
    If this is the modus operandi of my fellow BMCUSER, please count me out.
    Last edited by EYu; 08-15-2016 at 09:42 PM.

Then what "is" the proper way of obtaining these cards directly? The eBay seller has more than double the price of his cards.

Plplayer, there is no magic to how I ordered it. My Alibaba inquiry was before all the prices went up. The Seller had sent me the PI for the order. I held on to it while I was working with them on how payment is sent. Meanwhile the prices went up. After much back and forth, the seller honored the old PI for which I pulled the trigger and paid for it. Otherwise I will be on the same boat as everyone else paying the ebay price. No doubt if I will purchase the same product today I will be paying the same price as everyone else. There is quite a huge profits margin on this product. Like everyone else, we are either waiting for the price to come down or support some alternative that can be put in its place. I hope this clears the speculations and suggestions otherwise.

Thanks for clearing it up. I had been following a seller for the biwin cards on ebay and he gave notice that the prices would rise on August 6th. However, on the 4th he pulled his cards and relisted them for more than 2x the original price. I was waiting to hear how well the cards held up before making my purchase. $81 for a 256 would've been nice