Thread: Anybody try these very cheap 128 Cfast cards?

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 4saken View Post
    Yeah, you just send the seller a message asking for a quote on how many pieces you want and how much shipping is and ask if you can pay via Paypal.
    I've ordered stuff from Alibaba many times like this and never had problems. If you only want to order small quantities mention in the initial message that you want to order a sample.
    Thanks Bud!

Quote Originally Posted by david evans View Post
    From what I've read, the current best deal for Cfast, accounting price / reliability is this, correct?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...cfast_2_0.html

From what I know, I can use just one of these cards with the Ursa mini4.6k. Is there any situation where the camera forces me to use two?

Thanks!
    Price just went up from just a few days ago and they've not been shipping... must have a lot of people pre-ordering.

The specs to the Biwin Cfast cards can be seen here:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Agvdi7GDhv1_g6gHzZD6S0_eBvxmvw

Based on the ATTO benchmark, the max write for this card is 288 MB/s. Looking at my URSA 4K, this card should be able to support almost all the formats (up to 30fps) excepts full RAW 4K and 444 XQ, which it might cause drop frames as those storage rates for those formats are just right about there. For the 4.6K looks like CDNG 3:1 and 4:1 Raw should also be fine. But again, folks who own this cards will be able to tell you what works based on their test report.

Quote Originally Posted by EYu View Post
    The specs to the Biwin Cfast cards can be seen here:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Agvdi7GDhv1_g6gHzZD6S0_eBvxmvw

Based on the ATTO benchmark, the max write for this card is 288 MB/s. Looking at my URSA 4K, this card should be able to support almost all the formats (up to 30fps) excepts full RAW 4K and 444 XQ, which it might cause drop frames as those storage rates for those formats are just right about there. For the 4.6K looks like CDNG 3:1 and 4:1 Raw should also be fine. But again, folks who own this cards will be able to tell you what works based on their test report.
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I have experienced in my tests. All frame rates work fine in CDNG 3:1 & 4:1 on my 4.6K with the Biwin cards.

Guys, in what situations is it necessary to have 2 cards working at the same time? Or can i have just one at a time in the ursa mini 4.6k?

I have heard claims that it will let you shoot higher rate format... but I can't claim it because so far I've been using just 1 CFast card.

yeah, it enables you to use slower cards. so in a case where one card might not be fast enough for full RAW, using dual card mode would enable you to do that.

4saken, PM'd you.

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanM View Post
    A small update here for anyone who is possibly still interested.
    Today I received another two 256GB CFast cards from the same Chinese supplier.
    Despite being labelled F6208 on the package, they turned out to be exactly the same model as the one I ordered originally - F6308.
    I tested their recording speeds (on Ursa Mini 4K) and the results were satisfying and consistent with the previous observations – all versions of 4K ProRes worked great at max fps except 444XQ which gave up at 40fps after 23 seconds. RAW 60fps in dual mode worked fine. I haven't observed any glitches or anomalies in the footage.
    Understanding the risks involved, I used the first card during a shoot over the weekend and it performed well.
    In conclusion, my initial impression is good especially given the price.
    ... BACK TO THE BIWIN PURCHASE DISCUSSION FOR A MOMENT ...

So I'm pulling the trigger and getting this through Alibaba. The sales rep sent me a proforma invoice for the amount with bank fees etc. Payment is going to be via PayPal. He gave me the email address to send payment to via paypal and told me to let him know via email when payment has been made. So here is where I fret and would like to get those of you kind souls who ordered and got yours via the Alibaba process. Do you just cold turkey trust your PayPal payment to them without getting the invoice through PayPal? Is what I am told what you've experience? If so, in PayPal do you send the money like sending it to Friends and Family? Can one of you kindly elaborate the process you took? I believe this was asked earlier but it was not clearly elaborated. Appreciate if one of you explain it more.

Do not send via Friends/Family. You receive zero protection from PayPal with that kind of payment. You are purchasing goods, so should make a payment for Goods & Services. Alibaba should then enter the shipping tracking information into the transaction details when they ship your purchase. If you never receive a tracking number that shows it was delivered to you then PayPal will refund your money. That's the only way to get protection with PayPal.
    Last edited by mikeh; 08-12-2016 at 03:32 PM.